Why Meghan Markle is the most surprising royal-to-be
The rumours that she’s about to become Prince Harry’s fiancee aren’t going away – but who is the woman shaking up the Royal Family?
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
With rumours that Prince Harry is about to get down on one knee, actress Meghan Markle is currently in the spotlight for different reasons than she’s used to.
Comparisons with Harry’s mum Princess Diana are rife, but she’s a new generation of royal, quite different to her sister-in-law-to-be Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.
Meghan, 36, has lived under the showbiz spotlight ever since childhood, as her dad was a TV lighting director. In her early twenties, she landed small parts in US TV shows like General Hospital and CSI: NY, and films like Horrible Bosses with Jennifer Aniston, before getting her big break in legal drama Suits.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
In the latest series of Suits, her character Rachel Zane, stripped off for a s-x scene, which is sure to have raised a few eyebrows in the royal household.
And she’s been socially aware from a young age too. When she was 11, she wrote to a number of high-profile figures –including Hillary Clinton – to complain about a S-xist ad for soap that suggested women belonged in the kitchen.
Meghan isn’t just an actress – she founded a lifestyle website called The Tig and, like Diana, she’s an impassioned supporter of charity. She’s been involved with the United Nations, travelled to Rwanda to support the Clean Water Campaign and supports the HeforShe gender equality movement.
She’s the cooler older sister to the Duchess Of Cambridge’s composed, sensible and demure character – and she’d be the edgiest member of the Royal Family since Princess Diana. Harry, 32, certainly seems happier than ever with his soon-to-be fiancée, and Meghan’s an HRH-in-waiting that we fully endorse.
Tags: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Harry and Meghan, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Royals, British Royals News, British News, Best New Point, Royals News, Royals Update news