Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could choose THIS very Royal name for their baby
MEGHAN Markle is expecting her first child with Prince Harry and speculation is high over the name the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will choose for the new addition to the Royal Family.
- Sarah Ferguson 'changes her tune' about Meghan Markle leaving royal watchers 'surprised'
- Queen puts on brave face in first public appearance since Harry's 'genetic pain' swipe
- Prince Charles 'wants Harry and Meghan back in Royal Family despite rift' - insider claims
- Kate and William reveal their favourite family activities with George, Charlotte and Louis
Meghan is expecting her baby in spring 2019 and the 10 most popular male and female names for royals have been revealed ahead of the birth.
Albert is the most popular royal male name while Victoria is the most popular royal female name, according to new research by Expedia, meaning the duke and duchess could chose one of these for their first child.
- Prince Harry wants to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘pain and suffering’ of his childhood
- ‘Ridiculous!’ Meghan Markle’s book ‘deeply personal’ - plagiarism claim ‘beyond untrue’
- Prince Harry podcast: What did Harry say about Queen, Prince Charles and Royal Family?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's therapy claims at odds with each other
Since 1819, nine royals have been called Victoria and 12 royals have been named Albert.
In second place on the list of male names is George with 10 members of the royal family using the moniker.
But Meghan and Harry are unlikely to opt for this choice if they have a little boy as it is the name of Prince William and Kate’s eldest son.
Charles – the name of Harry’s father – is third on the list with eight royals using the moniker.
Other names which could be in the running for a baby boy are Edward, Christian and Frederick which are the next three to feature on the list.
- Prince Charles ignored reporter’s question about Harry’s latest comments on parenting
- 'Unpleasant disloyal nonsense!' Harry's own biographer erupts at Duke's Royal Family swipe
- Prince Harry branded 'spoiled brat' as Piers Morgan erupts at Duke for 'trashing' Charles
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'divided' by new revelations – 'Could be driven apart'
Louis, the name of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s third child, is the seventh most popular male choice. It is also one of Prince George’s middle names.
Arthur, William and Henry complete the top 10 royal male names.
If Meghan and Harry have a baby girl, Mary could be a potential moniker as it is the second favourite royal female name with seven members of the family using it.
Other popular female choices are Louise and Alexandra, both used by six royals, while Elizabeth – the name of the Queen – is in fifth place.
Alice is sixth on the list, Margaret is seventh and Charlotte – the name of William and Kate’s daughter – is next.
Augusta and Helena take the last two spots in the top 10.
Bookmakers Ladbrokes has made Albert the joint most likely boy’s name for the royal baby at 10/1, alongside Arthur and Philip.
However, the favourite name is Victoria at 8/1.
It comes after Meghan announced her pregnancy on October 15 as she landed in Sydney with Harry for their 16-day Commonwealth tour.
Meghan showed off her growing baby bump during the overseas trip which saw the parents-to-be visit Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand.
A statement on the Royal Family’s website said: “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
“Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK