Why doesn’t Princess Charlotte ever wear trousers? Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton’s fashion decision explored
KATE Middleton always ensures Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis look immaculate.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
When Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton always ensures Princess Charlotte, Prince George and Prince Louis are dressed well when out in public.
The mum of three has a certain type of preference when it comes to what they wear, with Prince George always wearing shorts, and Princess Charlotte always wearing dresses, with cute socks or tights.
But while there are no royal rules about what she wears, why isn’t Princess Charlotte ever seen wearing comfy leggings or casual trousers?
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Speaking to The Telegraph she said the choice of wardrobe is aimed at looking ‘timeless’ in official photographs.
Rachel said: “The reason why I design clothes that way is because if they wear very simple things, it’s about the child, and it’s timeless in that you can’t really date a specific photo or put them in something that seems out of date.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
George and Charlotte also have their own wardrobe of clothes for royal events, separate from their day-to-day outfits.
This means perhaps Charlotte does wear casual wear like leggings, but only during family time and not out in public.
GLOUCESTER, UNITED KINGDOM – JUNE 10: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Prince George of Cambridge, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge attend the Maserati Royal Charity Polo Trophy at the Beaufort Polo Club on June 10, 2018 in Gloucester, England. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)Kate Middleton seems to prefer wearing dresses, although she has been known to wear trousers and jeans on occasion [Getty]
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton wears trousers for less formal occasionsDuchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton wears trousers for less formal occasions [Getty]
Judging on her own preferences when out in public, Kate prefers to wear dresses herself when at events.
Source: OK CO UK