Watch Meghan Markle’s reaction as Prince Harry kisses elephant’s trunk at Royal Variety Performance
The couple seemed delighted!
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
rince Harry couldn’t help but give a performer at the Royal Variety a kiss following their spectacular performance – and the lucky recipient was none other than Peanut, a realistic puppet elephant from the act Circus 1903. The royal’s spontaneous kiss on his trunk caught everyone by surprise, including his pregnant wife the Duchess of Sussex, who smiled and laughed, looking delighted at the sweet gesture. Thankfully the sweet encounter was caught on video, which you can see below.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Meghan was also clearly enchanted as Peanut bowed and offered her a posy of flowers. “Thank you,” she told performer Jessica Spalis as she received the bouquet from the elephant, who was operated by Luke Chadwick-Jones. “Whoever is under there, a big thank you.”
Jessica, who was one of the 40 guests lucky to meet the royal couple following the show, said the parents-to-be had been fascinated about how the elephant worked – and even had a look behind his ears to check.
The Duke and Duchess also spoke to performers including singer George Ezra and and Britain’s Got Talent winner the Lost Voice Guy, aka Lee Ridley, a disabled stand-up comedian who is unable to speak and uses a communication aid in his routine.
He told Harry: “Thanks very much, it was a pleasure.” Lee later said of meeting the royals: “It was amazing to meet them both. She just congratulated me and said how much she enjoyed my performance, which made my day.”
Take That singer Howard Donald said it had been a “pleasure and an honour” to perform for the couple. “We were really relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed it,” he said. “It’s not your normal crowd and they were very appreciative. They were a lovely couple and it’s wonderful they are having a baby. They said they were watching the hard-core fans put their hands in the air to Never Forget. Harry said even he remembered it.”
Source: HELLO MAGAZINE