The Queen Loaned Kate Middleton Another Diamond Bracelet and We Couldn’t Be More Jealous
There’s nothing like a diamond hand-me-down — especially when the one doing the handing down is Queen Elizabeth.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Kate Middleton debuted a sparkly “new” bracelet at the Anna Freud Centre gala dinner on Tuesday evening that is believed to have come straight from the 91-year-old monarch’s personal jewelry collection.
The Diamond Quatrefoil Bracelet once belonged to the Queen Mother and was likely handed down as part of a vast collection of jewelry given to the Queen after her mother’s death in 2002.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
While not much is known about the ornate bracelet with multiple diamond quatrefoil motifs, there are pictures showing the Queen Mother wearing it back in 1958. More recently, the Queen wore it over her signature white gloves at the State Opening of Parliament in 2010.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Bringing it right up to the modern day, Kate teamed it with a floor-sweeping black lace dress from Diane von Furstenberg (a re-wear from 2014) accessorized with a Prada clutch and a jeweled poppy brooch to mark the upcoming Remembrance Day. Her earrings, known as the Diamond Pendant earrings, were another loan from the Queen and often chosen by Kate for glamorous evening events such as this.
Back in 2015, the Queen lent Kate not one but two bracelets from her personal collection for a state banquet, one of which was a wedding gift from Prince Philip. At the time, Elizabeth Galton, jeweler Mappin and Webb’s creative director, told PEOPLE, “I think it certainly shows the high esteem that the duchess is held in.”
We can’t wait to see what treasures emerge from the royal vaults next!
Source: PEOPLE COM
Tags: Prince William, Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth II