The Queen just did something with her outfit that we’ve never seen before – did you spot it?
A great look for Her Majesty
The Queen caused stir on Thursday as she stepped out at the Anglo-Norse Society Centenary Reception at the Naval and Military Club. We are loving the monarch’s striking outfit – which consisted of a magenta top and skirt co-ord set which ensured she stood out from the crowd. As always, she accessorised to perfection with a matching hat in the same vibrant tone, a pair of horsebit black loafers and of course, her favourite Launer London bag. But did you notice the unique detail in her ensemble? The mother-of-four also sported a striking bow belt which was attached to her blazer – a unusual choice that she hasn’t worn before. And doesn’t it look fabulous? Bows are hugely on trend right now, having appeared on designs for Gucci and other high-end fashion houses, so HRH knows her stuff!
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Queen’s jacket had a bow-tie at the waist
The Duchess of Sussex wore a similar design last week when she headed to the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday, for the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance.The former actress – who is pregnant with her and Harry’s first child – wore a black Stella McCartney coat for the poignant event which too came with a bow-tie detail at the waist. Well, they do say great minds think alike after all!
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The Queen met with King Harald V who undertook the visit alongside her – both she and King Harald V are joint patrons of the society.
The Centenary Reception offered a unique opportunity to recognise members of the Anglo-Norse Society who have made a positive contribution to its community and culture over the past 100 years. The royals met members, scholars and supporters of the Society, before signing the Society’s Almanac as they left.
Source: HELLO MAGAZINE