The Queen is giving Meghan a special royal perk (before Harry and Kate)
Sounds like they’re getting on well.
Much has been made of the fact that Meghan Markle and the Queen will be partaking in a public engagement next Thursday 14 June.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
This is the first time that Meghan will be going it solo without Prince Harry for a royal appearance and so it’s been getting a lot of media attention.
They’re due to travel to Cheshire for the royal day out but it’s how they’re getting there that’s really piquing public interest.
Meghan will be travelling with The Queen aboard her personal Royal Train which travels through the night, is very expensive to run and is often used for long-distance journeys.
Neither Prince Harry or Prince William or the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, have travelled on this train with the Queen before although the brothers have used it to travel alone.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Meghan being invited on the private train isn’t standard royal protocol and this move has taken many by surprise.
The Queen and Meghan will unveil a new bridge and open the Storyhouse Theatre before having lunch in the Town Hall in the city of Chester.
It’s understood they will begin the journey on Wednesday morning next, 13 June before arriving on Thursday to take part in the aforementioned public appearances.
Source: HER IE