The heartwarming times the Queen has received a kiss from members of her family – photos
When out and about, members of the royal family tend to limit their public displays of affection. Apart from Prince Harry and Meghan – who are the most tactile couple of the family, naw! – the Queen, her children and grandchildren only make the most subtle of gestures. The reasoning is that when the royals are carrying out engagements, they are strictly in work mode, representing Her Majesty and the British monarchy, so it would be unprofessional to always hold hands or embrace.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
But behind closed doors, the royals are just like any other family and during more light-hearted engagements, they greet each other with kisses. Prince Charles has been known to plant a kiss on his mother’s hand on more than one occasion. Let’s take a look at some of the Queen’s sweetest PDA moments, starting with the monarch and the Duchess of Cambridge…
The Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge
Fans are hardly ever treated to photos of Kate informally greeting the Queen, but on Christmas Day in 2013, the Duchess was snapped bending down to kiss her grandmother-in-law.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Queen and Prince William
Her Majesty received a kiss from her grandson Prince William in July 2004, after William competed in a polo match. Prince Charles also took part and was similarly pictured greeting his mother.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The Queen and Prince Harry
Prince Harry said a cheery hello to his grandmother after Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly’s wedding at St George’s Chapel in Windsor in May 2008. Almost ten years later to the day, Harry married his wife Meghan in the same venue.
The Queen and Prince Charles
We love this throwback photo of Prince Charles kissing his mother’s hand at the polo in 1985. The Queen had just presented her son with a prize.
The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall
Daughter-in-law Camilla greets the monarch at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in May 2015.
The Queen and Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
The Queen is greeted by Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones – the only granddaughter of Princess Margaret and the daughter of David Armstrong-Jones.
The Queen and Zara Tindall
Zara Tindall is known to have a very close bond with her grandmother. The pair share the same passion for horses, with equestrian Zara winning a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics.
The Queen and Prince Edward
During a visit to Australia in March 2006, the Queen officially opened the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. She was joined by her husband Prince Philip and her youngest son Prince Edward, who greeted her with a kiss outside St Andrew’s Cathedral in Sydney.
The Queen and Princess Anne
This throwback photo was taken in 1970, showing the Queen meeting up her only daughter Princess Anne.
The Queen and Prince Philip
The Queen and her husband Prince Philip rarely engage in public displays of affection. So it was endearing to see the couple, who have been married for 71 years, kiss each other on the cheek in 1999 on the eve of the Millennium.
The Queen and Prince Charles
Prince Charles publicly greeted his mum in June 2012 after the spectacular Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace, where Tom Jones, Paul McCartney and other singers took to the stage.
Source: HELLO MAGAZINE