Like mother like daughter-in-law: The Duchess of Cambridge is revealed to have borrowed jewellery from the late Princess Diana’s collection for her recent royal tour
The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted wearing a pearl bracelet in Berlin
The three strand piece was originally worn by Princess Diana in 1988
Designer Nigel Milne said he was ‘delighted’ to see it being worn again
It is well known that the dazzling sapphire ring presented to the Duchess of Cambridge by Prince William upon their engagement had originally belonged to Diana.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
However, it seems that this is not the only thing that Kate has inherited from the Princess of Wales’ jewellery box.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
The Duchess was pictured wearing an elegant pearl bracelet during a reception at Berlin’s Clärchens Ballhaus on their final night in the German capital.
Kate, 36, paired the elegant three strand piece with a bird print dress from Markus Lupfer for the event last week.
It has since emerged that the original owner of the accessory was Diana who was spotted wearing the piece on various occasions before her untimely death.
The bracelet’s designer Nigel Milne was surprised to see the jewellery been worn again decades after he created the piece in 1988.
Milne and his wife Cherry decided to produce several pieces of jewellery with proceeds of the sales going to charity BIRTHRIGHT, of which Diana is patron.
One of the pieces was the bracelet that could be seen adorning Kate’s wrist and that Diana wore on several occasions including at the Birthright Ball in 1989 and with her iconic Catherine Walker ‘Elvis’ dress.
On his website the British jeweller writes: ‘I am delighted to see in the national press that the Duchess of Cambridge chose to wear one of her late mother-in-law’s favourite pearl and diamond bracelets on the Royal Tour in Germany last week.
‘This look was very typical of the style of jewellery that we were making at that time. The Princess of Wales was the most wonderful inspiration for us jewellers in that she wore her jewellery with such style and panache.’
It is not uncommon to see the Duchess of Cambridge borrowing from her mother-in-law’s jewellery box having been pictured in a tiara worn by the late princess earlier this month.
For the state banquet held in honour of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain’s visit Kate wore the diamond and pearl Cambridge Lover’s Knot tiara a piece beloved by William’s late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.
The tiara was made by Royal jewellers Garrard in 1914 to Queen Mary’s personal design, from pearls and diamonds already in her family’s possession.
It was a copy of one owned by her grandmother, Princess Augusta of Hesse, who married the first Duke of Cambridge, seventh son of King George III, in 1818.
In her will Queen Mary left the tiara to to the Queen who wore it frequently, including at an evening event in 1955.
In 1981 she gave it as a wedding present to Prince William’s mother, Diana, who wore it for the first time at the state opening of parliament that November.
Diana also wore the tiara in 1985 on an official visit to Washington with Prince Charles.
Source: DAILYMAIL MAILONLINE
Tags: Kate and William, Bracelet, Diana Bracelet, Borrow Bracelet, Prince William and Kate, Kate Middleton, Royals Jewelry