THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE has been pictured wearing an affordable high street blazer as she spoke to a midwife from Uganda to mark today’s International Day of the Midwife. Kate paired the blazer with a simple pair of black trousers and her long hazel-coloured hair was styled in an elegant half-updo.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
The Duchess of Cambridge is seen interviewing Harriet via video call in a room in Amner Hall, where the Cambridges and their three children currently reside.
In the photo, published on the Nursing Times’ website, Kate is sitting in a pale blue armchair with a cream and dark blue cushion.
Behind her is a wooden table with a bucket of pink flowers on its top, as well as a framed photo of Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
A photo of the Duchess was also shared on the Kensington Royal Instagram page.
The post’s caption read: “The Duchess has marked the completion of Nursing Now, a three year global campaign to raise the status and profile of nursing, by interviewing midwife Harriet Nayiga for the May edition of Nursing Times.
“Harriet spoke to The Duchess about her work in Uganda as a nurse and as the founder of MILCOT (Midwife-led Community Transformation), a community organisation providing advice and support for vulnerable women and girls.”
It added: “The May edition of @nursingtimes is a special issue, with a cover chosen by The Duchess, celebrating the work of @nursingnow.”
One of the images released on both the Nursing Times website and Instagram, shows audiences a clear view of the Duchess’ hair.
Her mahogany locks are styled in an elegant half-updo, held in place with slide grips.
The part of Kate’s hair that is held up is slightly curled at the ends, while the rest of her hair lies naturally straight, reaching the middle of her back.
In the image, the Duchess’ hair colour beautifully complements her bright blue blazer, which is one of Kate’s most affordable wardrobe staples.
The blazer is from popular high street shop Zara and costs only £59.99.
The garment’s cobalt blue colour is a fitting choice for the Duchess as not only does it complement her hair and skin tone, but it also matches her sapphire and diamond engagement ring, which she is seen wearing in the photo.
Blue is also associated with health as it features on the NHS’s logo, and so it is a suitable option when it comes to celebrating the role of midwives.
The blazer has a wide collar, two large front pockets, and six gold buttons.
Kate is clearly a fan of Zara blazers as she wore a similar garment but in green to mark St Patrick’s Day in March.
The Duchess’ blazer on 17 March was a textured double-breasted version in apple green with tortoiseshell buttons, and also cost £59.99 from Zara.
In today’s photos, Kate paired the blue blazer with a simple pair of black trouser and a plain dark top.
As for jewellery, she wore small gold hoop earrings by English jewellery brand Orelia, as well as her engagement ring of course.
Fans of the Duchess were delighted with the new image of the Royal on Instagram, and many were quick to say how “stunning” she looked.
One Instagram user said: “Look at her hair… wow just simply beautiful.”
Another wrote: “Catherine’s hair is stunning.”
One Royal fan said: “Amazing work! On a side note, the Duchess has a beautiful hair style! I’m going to try that on my daughter’s hair lol.”
Another added: “Love her hair! Looks stunning.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK