The Queen’s second son, 61, has been accused of sexual assault and rape
The prince, who has strenuously denied all the allegations and says he does not recall ever meeting Mrs Giuffre, faces another potential minefield next month, when the first criminal trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein’s alleged “procurer” of underage girls, begins.
Yesterday Mr Cawthorne, who wrote the best-selling book Prince Andrew: Epstein, Maxwell and the Palace, said: “There is no reason for Scotland Yard to withhold evidence and every reason to share the royal protection logs that detail where he is every minute of every day.”
Mr Cawthorne said: “There is a mutual legal assistance treaty between us and the US that suggests Andrew should co-operate with the FBI. Priti Patel needs to honour that agreement by asking Scotland Yard to make those logs available. We all hope Prince Andrew didn’t do any of the things alleged against him. So show us he’s innocent – and let’s get this over with.”
In August, in an exclusive Sunday Express opinion poll, an overwhelming 88 per cent of British people said they want Andrew to submit to questioning by the FBI. Last week it was reported the Queen is ploughing millions from her private Duchy of Lancaster estate into her son’s defence. His legal team will be led by Andrew Brettler, who charges highprofile clients £1,470 per hour.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK