Now, the Duchess of York has given a touching update on her ex-mother-in-law and described her as an “extraordinary woman”.
Speaking to French magazine Paris Match, Sarah said: “She is doing well. She is my icon.
“When I see her, I pinch myself to remind myself how lucky I am.
“She is an extraordinary woman.”
Following the Queen’s health scare, Buckingham Palace has removed this week’s planned events from the Queen’s busy agenda for her to rest on the doctor’s advice.
The health scare was a call for the younger generation to step up for the royal duties to reduce the workload for the Majesty.
Royal expert Penny Junor told The Mirror: “I think we will see more of her on video and probably less of her in the flesh. They should keep her warm and tucked up at home and not expose herself to the possibility of infections.”
“Clearly there are mobility issues. Getting from Windsor with a sprained back and having to stand for 15 to 20 minutes at the Cenotaph is not helpful for somebody of 95.”
He said: “In terms of official engagements before the end of the year, I don’t think we’ll see her out and about doing anything officially, even if she recovers from the sprained back.”
Her Majesty continues to do light office work and weekly virtual zoom meetings with Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the last few days.
The British Monarchy is set to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next year in June 2022 to mark her 70th year on the throne.
Last month, the Queen was expected to travel to Glasgow for COP26 to be in person at the reception.
But the Palace announced she had to “regretfully” cancel her attendance after doctors advised her to rest.
Health concerns for the Queen first arose on October 20, when the palace announced Her Majesty agreed to cancel a two-day trip to Northern Ireland after doctors’ advice.
It later emerged the Queen had been taken to hospital for “preliminary tests” – the nature and results of which have not been shared.
After missing out on the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph, the Palace said the Queen was “disappointed” she had to cancel her plan to attend.
Shortly before the service, the Palace issued a statement reading: “The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today’s Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph.
“Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service.”
Her son Prince Charles, 73, laid a wreath at the service on her behalf.
On Wednesday, the Queen returned to public duties after the cancellation by hosting General Sir Nick Carter at Windsor Castle.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK