Royal ROW: Kate Middleton’s FURIOUS confrontation with Prince William’s ex revealed
KATE Middleton was left shocked and angry when she came face-to-face with Prince William’s ex-girlfriend Carly Massy-Birch.
Kate Middleton and Prince William endured a turbulent relationship during their time at university. Before the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge married and welcomed their three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, the couple faced many struggles and even broke up on one occasion. Prince Harry’s older brother had been romantically linked to a number of girls before he fell for Kate at St Andrews University, one of which the Duchess came face-to-face with in a dramatic confrontation.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
In 2011 book “The Making of a Royal Romance” by Katie Nicholl, the royal expert claims how a game of “never have I ever” at a dinner party included Kate, William and his ex Carly Massy-Birch.
It was this game that, according to Ms Nicholl, left the Duchess of Cambridge fuming.
The game “never have I ever” sees a group of people take turns in stating something they have never done – if someone in the group has done this, they must drink a shot.
The game in 2002 during a dinner party turned sour when Carly took her turn
“When it was Carly’s turn to play she announced, ‘I’ve never dated two people in this room,’ knowing full well that William was the only one who had because Kate was sitting next to him,” recalls one attendee of the party.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
William is said to have “shot a thunderous look” at his ex before whispering under his breath: “I can’t believe you just said that.”
Following the awkward confrontation, Kate spoke very little to Carly ever again.
The party-goer explained how they were “in shock” at the statement Carly had made.
“We knew they were together but it was the first time William confirmed his and Kate’s relationship in public,” they added.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
At the time, Carly lived very close to William and is said to have been able to wave at him from her sitting room.
According to the source, Carly would sit and knit by the window, something that “grated” on Kate.
It comes after Express.co.uk revealed how William’s “humiliating” partying briefly ended his relationship with Kate.
Jessica Jayne’s 2012 book “The Duchess of Cambridge: How Kate Middleton Became A Future Queen” reveals that, three years before their engagement, Kate quite her job at fashion house Jigsaw because she needed “some time to think about her relationship with William”.
She is said to have been having doubts about her boyfriend when she learned he was going clubbing with his friends instead of seeing her.
William even “flirted and danced with a girl” while in club Boujis, the book claims.
Despite the bumps along the way, it did not take long for the pair to settle down together.
In November 2010, they announced their engagement, with Ms Middleton showing off the late Princess Diana’s iconic engagement ring on her own hand.
The couple wed in a lavish ceremony at Westminster Abbey in 2011, an occasion watched all over the world by billions of people.
They are proud parents of three children and, recently, rumours emerged that Kate could be pregnant once again.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK