Royal FEUD: How Prince Andrew STOLE Prince Charles’s thunder with his dashing good looks
Prince Andrew “wounded Prince Charles’ vanity” with his “Robert Redford looks”, according to a tell-all book.
To his younger brothers, Andrew and Edward, Prince Charles was seen as the “playful, occasionally patronising”, companion. As Charles approached 30, Andrew was growing to manhood. He was twelve years younger than Charles, and was free from the restraints of heirdom. In “Charles, Prince of Wales”, it is revealed Prince Charles often “lost his temper” over his younger brother, Andrew.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
According to the author, Anthony Holden, “Prince Andrew’s dashing good looks began to steal some of Charles’ thunder, wounding his vanity and causing a few acid remarks”.
“Ah, the one with the Robert Redford looks?”, Charles would say when asked about Andrew’s progress.
An incident occurred that made Charles lose his temper and slapped Andrew down for familiarity in front of outsiders.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
During a parachute training exercise in 1978, Charles and Andrew teamed up together when Andrew teased him gently about his age: “You’re getting on a bit for this sort of thing, aren’t you?”
According to several reports, jealousy plagues the Royal Family, especially between Prince Charles and Prince Andrew.
As Prince Charles is the future king, he has a lot of important Royal duties to oversee.
In addition, Charles receives a lot of attention from his family and the media.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
According to The Daily Beast, the Duke of York is jealous of his older brother’s destiny.
As the first-born son of Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles is the heir apparent and will become the King of England when his mother passes away.
Prince Charles believes those who wish to participate in important family events should commit to full-time royalty.
Since Andrew and his daughters are not technically full-time Royals, Charles would not allow them to stand on the Buckingham Palace balcony following the Queen’s diamond jubilee.
On several occasions, he allegedly expressed concern that Prince Charles’ sons and their wives overshadow his daughters.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK