ROYAL FEUD: Camilla SNUBS Royal Wedding because of ‘tensions with Fergie and Andrew’
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will snub Princess Eugenie’s Royal Wedding because of her long-running feud with the bride-to-be’s parents Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew, according to explosive royal claims.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
As 850 guests gather in Windsor to witness the pomp and pageantry of Princess Eugenie’s big day, Prince Charles’ wife will be at a Scottish school instead.
Royal sources have even suggested the real reason for the duchess’ no show is because she would rather host a shooting party at her Scottish home.
But her apparent snub has sparked speculation of a royal rift between senior members of the royal family, at a time when the firm, especially the younger members, are riding a wave of popularity.
Sources close to the family say Camilla “hasn’t forgotten” that Prince Andrew failed to speak up as she and Charles struggled for acceptance of their relationship following the death of Princess Diana.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
While Camilla and Princess Eugenie’s mother, Sarah Ferguson, have never seen eye to eye as the Duchess of York was close friends with Princess Diana.
A royal aide told the Daily Mail: “Camilla has always felt Andrew could have done more.
“The Queen listens to Andrew and he could have helped his brother at a time when he had few allies within the family.
Camilla has always felt Andrew could have done more
“In fact, I would go so far as to say he was deeply unhelpful when support would have meant a huge amount to her and the Prince.
“Looking back to when there was little public sympathy for Charles and Camilla, if not open hostility, it was a case of Andrew playing politics. Camilla hasn’t forgotten.”
Clarence House said Camilla has “previous commitments” to attend a local school harvest festival near her home in Balmoral.
She refused to change her plans despite pleas from Eugenie, Prince Andrew and Sarah, according to another source.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The source said: “Eugenie and her parents wanted her to change her mind. But Camilla said she had a prior commitment and couldn’t.”
But another royal aide has claimed the real reason for her no-show is because she is hosting a shooting party with her friends at her home.
A source told the Daily Telegraph: “The truth is that Camilla has a house party for a few friends.
“They are arriving on Friday and will be there over the weekend.
“The date of the wedding was known eight months ago so it’s strange Camilla organised her house party this weekend.”
Camilla’s decision to miss Princess Eugenie’s wedding is said to have left her mother, Sarah, worried.
A friend added: “Sarah is already a bag of nerves and Camilla’s decision won’t help.
“She is worried about the reception she will get from Prince Philip and now there will be a bit of a frosty atmosphere with Prince Charles.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK