Jeans are a staple in every woman’s wardrobe and royal ladies have proved they are no different. While nothing turns heads like a bespoke designer gown, Europe’s royal women know the key to looking good when they’re off-duty is a pair of fabulous jeans. The Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Sussex and Princess Diana back in the day have all been known to rock a pair of fashion-forward jeans.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
And in mid December 2018, the Cambridges surprised by posing in their most casual Christmas portrait to date, with the family matching in jeans and wellies. From high-waisted to cropped to slouchy, we round up the best royal trouser moments, starting with…
The former actress officially went public with Prince Harry in September 2017, just two months before the couple announced their engagement. Meghan looked ultra-cool in a pair of ripped jeans, which she paired with a white shirt aptly named ‘The Boyfriend’ shirt. She was taking a break from filming Suits and accompanied Harry to the Invictus Games in Toronto, nailing her off-work look.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Duchess of Cambridge
It’s no secret that Kate is a fan of skinny jeans. Here, the Duchess is pictured on a SportsAid engagement in London just three months after giving birth to Prince George. She bounced back to her pre-baby figure in no time.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Princess Diana gave us all a lesson in how to pull off a pair of high-waisted baggy jeans – she was the ultimate style icon after all.
She also rocked double denim like a pro! We’re loving the Princess’ après ski look here in Lech, Austria.
Princess Caroline of Monaco’s daughter Charlotte – an ambassador of Gucci – attended the brand’s party last year in a pair of their embroidered tiger jeans.
The Duchess of Cambridge
Even when she’s off duty, Kate looks ultra stylish. She loves teaming a pair of skinny jeans with a casual Breton top – the perfect outfit for running after little ones!
Queen Rania of Jordan
Queen Rania always gives us a masterclass in dressing well when she’s out and about. She totally nails the bootcut jeans and shirt combo here.
Princess Caroline of Monaco
The Monaco royal family are known for their love of Chanel. Here, Grace Kelly’s daughter Princess Caroline rocks a pair of diamond-patterned dark jeans.
We love this throwback photo of Sarah, Duchess of York on a day out with Princess Beatrice. Rocking the mum jeans very nicely, Sarah!
The Duchess of Cambridge
Black jeans are a staple in every woman’s wardrobe, and Kate is no different. Here, she nails the monochrome look with a black turtleneck and grey blazer.
Her cousin-in-law Eugenie proves she’s also a fan of black skinny jeans.
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece
Princess Maria-Olympia, 22, is one of the most fashionably royals around. She pairs her cropped, ripped jeans with ankle boots and a simple strappy top – a strong summer look.
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Not many are brave enough to wear a pair of white jeans, but Princess Madeleine of Sweden sure is!
The Queen’s granddaughter has also been known to pull on a pair of lighter jeans.
Lady Louise Windsor
The Countess of Wessex’s teenage daughter Louise goes for colour in a pair of mulberry trousers.
Princess Marie of Denmark
Just like Kate, Marie can rely on a pair of skinny jeans.
Queen Letizia of Spain
She’s usually dressed to the nines, but even when she’s going for a more casual look, Letizia looks super chic.
Source: HELLO MAGAZINE