Royal Family: Business as usual for royals as Kate, William, Charles and Anne all out
Many senior members of the Royal Family have resumed their official royal duties this week.
Many members of the Royal Family have resumed their duties this week
Prince Harry’s ‘war’ on Royal Family sees Brits rally around Firm, PR expert claims
Prince Harry’s revelations in his memoir ‘Spare’ and his promotional interviews caused backlash which has seen the Sussexes popularity plummet.
CEO of Go Up, Edward Coram James, a PR and reputation crisis management expert called the Duke of Sussex’s attempts of creating a positive image for himself as “very very very poor indeed”.
Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Coram James noted that if Harry’s team decided that the goal was simply to sell a lot of copies and increase the viewership of the Netflix series “then he smashed it out of the park”.
However, if “his brief was image rehabilitation, then it is probably the worst example of this that I have ever seen,” the CEO said.
Anti-monarchist left ‘very cold’ as Prince Harry refuses to give up Duke of Sussex title
Prince Harry’s reluctance to ditch his title of the Duke of Sussex has been widely criticised amid the revelations from his new book ‘Spare’.
The BBC’s political flagship programme Question Time was filmed in Birmingham where an audience member questioned the panel about the impact of the book on the monarchy.
The panel was made up of defence minister Alex Chalk MP, Labour’s Bridget Phillipson, former politician and practicing barrister Anna Soubry, journalist Ash Sarkar, and historian and author Tim Stanley.
The panel discussed the question: ‘Have the allegations in Prince Harry’s book damaged the royal family?’
Royal Marine praised in Prince Harry’s Megxit memoir claims Duke needs to ‘shut up’
A former Royal Marine who is mention in Prince Harry’s memoir Spare has slammed the Duke telling him he needs to “shut up” after the royal claimed he killed 25 Taliban fighters during his time with the army in Afghanistan.
Ben McBean said with reference to the Duke that “I don’t have to support everything he does”.
On Thursday it emerged that Mr McBean is praised by the Duke in his controversial memoir.
Writing on Twitter Mr McBean offered his thanks for the praise and said that he had “liked” the Duke from “day one” but that didn’t change his views about his kill count revelations.
Expert claims ‘discredited’ Prince Harry made ‘serious mistakes’ in Megxit memoir Spare
Prince Harry made “serious mistakes” in his latest memoir, a royal expert has claimed.
In the book Harry, 38, discusses his uniform at Eton and refers to Henry VI, who founded the school, as “my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather”.
But Henry VI had only one son, Edward of Westminster, who died as a teenager without any children.
Elsewhere in the book, Harry reflects on the Queen Mother’s funeral and the jewels on her coffin.
Prince Harry slammed by readers as 96 percent say they won’t read Spare
Prince Harry’s memoir Spare was published earlier this week sharing the Duke of Sussex’s story from Princess Diana’s funeral up to his decision to leave the Firm three years ago.
Despite the book being highly anticipated since it was first announced eighteen months ago, a recent poll of Express.co.uk readers has found an overwhelming opposition to reading it.
Spare is available as a 416-page hardback and e-book. It has been translated into 15 additional languages internationally and an audio edition of the book has also been released with the Duke narrating his story.
Queen’s ex-press secretary demands public apology for false ‘allegation’ in Harry’s book
Dickie Arbiter, the late Queen’s long-serving press secretary, has demanded an apology from publisher Penguin Random House over an alleged inaccuracy in Spare, Prince Harry’s memoir.
Without naming him, Harry’s ghostwritten book claimed Mr Arbiter had warned Harry and wife Meghan Markle they could expect “no mercy” from the British establishment.
However, he tweeted: “What are @penguinrandom going to do about correcting this allegation against me – I never said anything of the sort. How about a public apology pdq?”
The remark in question instead appears to have been made by journalist Trevor Phillips.
The confusion appears to stem from a MailOnline article published on January 10, 2020 – precisely two years before the publication of Spare – which considers the impact of Harry and Meghan’s decision to stand down as frontline royals and relocate to North America, initially Canada.
Mr Arbiter is quoted as saying: “The Queen will bear this latest insult with the stoicism with which she has faced every other challenge in her life. But make no mistake, an insult it is.”
Charlotte bridesmaid row erupts as Harry ‘crossed line’ sharing Meghan and Kate texts
Prince Harry has crossed a “basic but crucial moral line” by sharing a story involving his niece Princess Charlotte in his memoir, a crisis and reputation management expert has claimed.
Edward Coram-James analysed the Duke of Sussex’s decision to reopen the chapter surrounding the now-notorious bridesmaid dress row, which took place only days before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s wedding.
To set the record straight on the much-reported discussion between Kate and Meghan, the Duke included in his book, titled Spare, text messages between the two royals.
One of Kate’s texts published in the book also included the information Princess Charlotte, now seven, was left in tears after trying on the gown she was meant to wear as one of the flower girls at the nuptials on May 19 2018.
Mr Coram-James, CEO of GoUp, believes this move is damaging from a PR and reputation management perspective, in particular when considering how “fiercely protective” the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are of their children’s privacy.
He told Express.co.uk: “From a reputation management perspective, the most basic element is not to be seen doing the thing that you are accusing the other side of doing.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK