PRINCE William sat down with his father Prince Charles and the Queen to have a candid conversation about his relationship with Kate Middleton in 2006, a royal expert has claimed.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, announced their engagement in 2010 and married in a lavish ceremony in 2011 at Westminster Abbey. Since marrying, the royal couple have gone on to welcome three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. While they are now the image of the perfect royal family, William had his fair share of wobbles when it came to his earlier relationship with Kate.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Duke is said to have sat down to have a “frank” conversation with his father Prince Charles and the Queen in 2006 after having “second thoughts”.
In 2011 book The Making of a Royal Romance, royal expert Katie Nicholl claimed: “William had been having second thoughts and sat down with his father and his grandmother to have a frank discussion about his future with Kate.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
She added: “Both advised him not to hurry into anything.”
This discussion came after William cancelled Christmas plans to see Kate, leaving her tearful.
Ms Nicholl revealed how William had promised Kate he would join the Middletons to celebrate Hogmanay at Jourdonstoun House.
However, at the last minute, William had a “change of heart” and instead stayed with his family.
Prince Harry’s older brother is believed to have told Kate the news during a conversation on Boxing Day, which left the Duchess “tearful”.
While Ms Nicholls explained to William it was “no big deal”, for Kate the cancellation was “a sign of something more sinister to come”.
Following an on-off relationship and a number of break ups, the couple finally decided to commit to one another when William popped the question in 2010 during a trip to Kenya.
Kate and Wills looked excited and nervous when they announced their wedding news to the public weeks later, with the Duchess of Cambridge proudly showing off Princess Diana’s sapphire engagement ring.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK