Royal BOMBSHELL: How ‘crusty bachelor’ Charles KNEW Diana marriage was a ‘SHAMBLES’
PRINCE Charles was “a crusty bachelor” who knew his marriage to Princess Diana would fail on their wedding day, a body language expert has sensationally claimed.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Princess Diana and Prince Charles married in 1981 in a lavish ceremony at St Paul’s Cathedral. The union of the Prince and Princess of Wales was celebrated across the world, with millions of people watching the apparently happy couple say their vows. As we now know, the marriage of Prince William and Prince Harry’s parents was far from perfect, and ended in a bitter separation and finally a divorce in 1996.
While many perceived the royal couple to be blissfully happy on their wedding day, their body language reveals an anticipation for their “shambles” of a marriage, a body language expert has claimed.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Speaking of the iconic day, author and body language analyst Judi James told Express.co.uk: “It is easy to look at the body language signals of Charles and Diana on their wedding day and see, via the filter of retrospective knowledge, the signs of the marriage shambles that was to come.”
Ms James went on to explain: “We thought this crusty bachelor – who had waited so long before finding his bride – and the young, shy nursery girl he had chosen were deeply in love and in it for life.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The expert claims that the couple’s body language on their wedding day was previously perceived as “signs of shyness and nerves prompted by love”.
However, looking back with the knowledge of their separation, the signs can instead be seen as “genuine doubts about the marriage itself”.
Judi explains how Charles’ “steepled brows” as he waited for his bride was an expressions of “duty” which also looked “like one of quiet suffering”.
Charles’ expressions as he said his vows to Lady Diana Spencer flipped from “warm and loving to slightly sullen”, according to Judi.
Following the grand day, Diana went on to struggle to adjust to her new life in the royal family, while her husband struggled to ensure the happiness of his wife.
In 1992 the pair announced their separation, and in 1996 their divorce was finalised.
Only a year later, Princess Diana tragically died in a car crash in Paris with her partner Dodi Fayed.
Prince Charles went public with Camilla Parker Bowles following her death and married his former mistress in 2005.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK