He noted that during Prince Philip’s funeral she appeared frail and vulnerable.
While admitting he is aware the Queen has many doctors looking after her, he claimed it was clear it was an end of an era for the Queen and expressed concern for her mental and emotional wellbeing after the death of her “rock”, Prince Philip.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
Ms Fogarty said: “The Queen did look fabulous because she always does at those events.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
“To me, she also looked a bit thinner, inevitable I suppose.”
Mr Pierece replied: “Yes she does, I think so.
“You and I covered Prince Philip’s funeral for LBC, I was so struck looking at the Queen.
“I thought she really looked like an old lady, sat in the pew, tiny and all alone.
“She was walking into the chapel on her own because the lady had stayed in the car.
“She looked vulnerable and of course she was lost emotionally.
“Normally Prince Philip was by her side, the rock that her entire monarchy was built on.”
Mr Pierece then reflected on what he was thinking when he listened to the Queen’s speech on Tuesday.
He said: “When I saw her doing the Queen speech today I was thinking how many more do we see her doing that for.
“I am told that she is in rude health, she is in good shape and has doctors that are constantly looking at her and looking after her.
“But you just know that we are coming to the end of a glorious era.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK