(CNN)A new photograph has been released to celebrate the birthday of the youngest member of the British Royal family, Princess Charlotte, who turns two on Tuesday.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
Kensington Palace shared the snap on their official Twitter account, posting: “The Duke and Duchess are delighted to share a new photograph of Princess Charlotte to mark her second birthday tomorrow.”
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
The rosy-cheeked tot is pictured in a yellow knitted cardigan with blue sheep detail and a matching blue bow in her hair.
The photograph was taken in April by her mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, at their home, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk and is similar to images released by the family marking her birthday last year as well on the birthday of her older brother, Prince George, 3.
William and Kate have made multiple media appearances lately as part of their Heads Together campaign, which aims to raise awareness about mental health in the UK.
The pair made headlines a fortnight ago when they joined Prince Harry to candidly discuss the impact of Princess Diana’s death on her young sons.
But while the royal couple have taken on more public engagements, they have also gone to great lengths to shield their children from the public eye and maintain some semblance of a normal upbringing.
The young princess was last seen with her family as they attended a Christmas Day church service in Bucklebury, a village outside of London where Kate’s family reside. Charlotte was also present on the family’s tour of Canada last fall.
The family has been primarily based at their Norfolk home in recent years while William worked as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglia Air Ambulance. But the royal — who donated his salary to charity — will end his employment with the local service this summer.
In January, Kensington Palace announced the Cambridge’s would be relocating back to London as they undertake more official engagements on behalf of the Queen. Since 2014, the pair have used Apartment 1A at Kensington Palace as their official residence in the British capital.
Source: edition cnn com
Tags: Princess Charlotte, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, Elizabeth, Diana, UK, Royal Couple, Royal, Birthday