While Duchess Kate isn’t keen on horses, the young Cambridge has plenty of other riding role models in the family
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Member of the British royal family learn to ride almost as soon as they learn to walk.
In October of 2016, when Princess Charlotte was just a year and a half old, the Duchess of Cambridge revealed her little girl’s love of horses.
At an event with honouring Olympians and Paralympians at Buckingham Palace, Kate told Natasha Baker, a decorated Paralympic Equestrian, that Charlotte is already enjoying riding.
“I asked her how the children were, and she said Charlotte is really enjoying her riding which is great to hear,” Natasha shared about their conversation. “She emphasised that Charlotte has this passion for horses and although she doesn’t echo it, she’ll do her best to champion and encourage it.”
While Duchess Kate isn’t keen on horses, the young Cambridges have plenty of other riding role models in the family.
Both Princess Anne and Zara Tindall have competed in the Olympics in equestrian sports, with Zara winning a silver medal in a team event at the 2012 summer games.
And at 92, the Queen still rides regularly (fingers crossed we see her riding with her great-grandchildren sometime in the future). In the meantime, here are a few photos of the royals on horseback:
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
THE QUEEN ON HORSEBACK WITH HER SISTER PRINCESS MARGARET IN 1940
THE QUEEN AND PRINCESS ANNE RIDING IN 1979
WILLIAM AND HARRY OUT ON THE POLO FIELD IN 2011
ZARA TINDALL AFTER RECEIVING HER SILVER MEDAL AT THE OLYMPICS
Via Town and Country