Princess Charlene, 43, will be returning to Monaco to be with her husband Prince Albert and two young children after a spate of health issues left her stranded in her native South Africa for six months. The princess has undergone multiple surgeries in recent months and said she “can’t wait” for the reunion with her young family.
Princess Charlene had ear, nose and throat surgery in her home country South Africa while her family remained in Monaco, as far back as May this year.
She left behind her six-year-old twins, Prince Jaques and Princess Gabriella.
She was even separated from her husband, Prince Albert II of Monaco, for their tenth wedding anniversary.
In late July, speaking to South Africa Radio 702, the princess providing a medical update, described herself as being stuck “in a waiting game.”
Princess Charlene has been stranded for six months
Princess Charlene has managed to see her family through the ordeal
The unfortunate health crisis left her stranded in Africa as she could not fly in her condition.
She said: “Initially I was supposed to be here for 10 to 12 days, unfortunately, I had a problem equalising my ears, and I found out through the doctors that I had a sinus infection and quite a serious one.
“So, it’s taking time to address this problem that I’m having.”
She added: “I cannot force healing, so I will be grounded in South Africa until the end of October.”
Princess Charlene has two young children she has been separated from
But things are on the up, with the wife of ruling Prince Albert confirming she had her final surgery last week, and that her health is continuing to improve.
She said: “I came to South Africa to oversee some foundation projects.
”I was unwell at the time. I had an infection which was addressed immediately.
“Unfortunately, it grounded me for some months here in South Africa.”
Princess Charlene missed her 10th wedding anniversary with her husband
Princess Charlene underwent a sinus lift and bone graft earlier this year, and underwent a second surgery in August.
At the time, her husband Prince Albert said: “The operation went well, Princess Charlene is resting and we are thinking of her with tenderness.”
The Princess is thought to have undergone another procedure on October 8 and is due to return home by the end of this month.
In the interview before her final appointment, she said: “I can’t wait to get home to my children, who I miss terribly.
“I think if there is any mother out there that has been separated from her children for months, [she] would feel the same way I feel.”
The princess posted a photo of her family on Instagram on August 25, in which her son and daughter look the spitting image of their mother.
She captioned it: “I am so thrilled to have my family back with me.”
Princess Charlene’s time away from her family initially led to speculation that her marriage to Prince Albert was on the rocks – which has been firmly denied by her husband, who said he was “appalled” by the rumours.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK