Ms Liwag Dixon told viewers: “Princess Anne was the only woman of her generation in the Royal Family until Princess Diana arrived on the scene.
“As some sources tell it, Anne and Diana didn’t exactly get along.
“According to Ingrid Seward, ‘Anne was indifferent to Diana from the very beginning’.
“By the sound of things, the two women didn’t have much in common.”
Princess Anne treated Diana with ‘withering disdain’ as royals clashed over ‘common’ trait
- Royal Fury: Axe The Crown for ‘disgraceful’ Philip portrayal – Netflix ‘damaging family’
- Queen’s birthday celebrations sneak peek – event preparations underway
- Kate and Sophie Wessex share same heartwarming ‘role’ in Royal Family – ‘I’m so impressed’
- Princess Beatrice’s ‘very different style’ in latest appearance shows royal ‘more mature’
- Archie ‘very excited’ about becoming a big brother as Meghan Markle’s baby due date looms
Ms Liwag Dixon said: ‘As some sources tell it, Anne and Diana didn’t exactly get along.’
- Prince William pays tribute to the ‘courage’ of Australia and New Zealand forces on Anzac Day
- Kate is the Queen’s ‘protégée’ and possesses ‘Diana touch’ that endears her to public
- Prince Harry written off by British public after Royal Family row – ‘Country has moved on
- Queen to ‘transition’ duties to Prince Charles as he prepares to become King
- Meghan Markle joked ‘we’re all moving to Scotland’ before Royal Family breakaway
She continued: “Apparently Anne treated Diana ‘with withering disdain’ and called her ‘a silly girl’.
“Shortly before Diana and Prince Charles’ marriage, Diana reportedly confronted Anne.
“As Seward shared, Diana approached Anne and tried to chat with her while she was tending to her young children.
“‘When she was struggling with two small children she had no time for it at all’.”
Ms Liang Dixon said: ‘Apparently Anne treated Diana ‘with withering disdain’.’
- Meghan fans furious as ‘scary royalists’ attack her shoe choice in latest Archie photos
- Prince Harry calls William ‘an idiot’ in unearthed footage before the polo match
- Kate v Meghan: ‘No one at Palace did any more for her than for Meghan,’ say Palace sources
- Prince Andrew fury: ‘No one wants Duke to flex’ royal role as he is snubbed in future plan
- Kate and William hiring ‘spin doctor’ as Meghan and Harry rift rages on
Ms Liang Dixon said: ‘By the sound of things, the two women didn’t have much in common.’
- Meghan Markle warning: ‘Things need to be said’ to Duchess as royals yet to ‘address’ her
- Harry criticized after private royal details leaked to US media ‘as soon as he left UK’
- Royal rivalry! Kate’s mum encourages George, Charlotte, and Louis to compete in a fun hobby
- Princess Anne treated Diana with ‘withering disdain’ as royals clashed over ‘common’ trait
- Prince William ‘a way off’ from ‘resolving’ family feud with Harry – ‘A lot of mistrust’
The narrator added: “‘She looked up at Diana – and looked straight through her’.
“It’s impossible to know how much of this is true.
“However it’s not hard to imagine that these two very different women didn’t quite get along.”
Ms Seward gave further insight into the relationship on a Channel 5 documentary.
She claimed that Diana actively “distanced herself” from her sister-in-law.
The former Princess of Wales reportedly found Anne to be “very brusque”.
In turn, the famously no-nonsense royal “couldn’t be bothered to deal with Diana’s histrionics”.
Even their approaches to engagements were “very anathema” to each other.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK