Princess Diana, 7 Days: Prince William reveals mother ‘walked beside him’ at funeral
PRINCESS DIANA’S sons Prince William and Harry have spoken about their mother’s death for a new BBC documentary entitled Diana, 7 Days.
- Sarah Ferguson 'changes her tune' about Meghan Markle leaving royal watchers 'surprised'
- Queen puts on brave face in first public appearance since Harry's 'genetic pain' swipe
- Prince Charles 'wants Harry and Meghan back in Royal Family despite rift' - insider claims
- Kate and William reveal their favourite family activities with George, Charlotte and Louis
- Prince Harry wants to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘pain and suffering’ of his childhood
- ‘Ridiculous!’ Meghan Markle’s book ‘deeply personal’ - plagiarism claim ‘beyond untrue’
- Prince Harry podcast: What did Harry say about Queen, Prince Charles and Royal Family?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's therapy claims at odds with each other
The moving documentary will cover how in August 1997, the tragic death of the Princess of Wales stunned her family and catapulted the British public into one of the most extraordinary weeks in modern history.
In a brand new interview, William revealed how his mother’s funeral was a tough duty he had to complete, but that he felt Diana was there with him and walking beside them to help them get through the day.
He said: “Both our parents had brought us up to understand that as best we can that there is this element of duty and the responsibility that you have to do things that you don’t want to do.
- Prince Charles ignored reporter’s question about Harry’s latest comments on parenting
- 'Unpleasant disloyal nonsense!' Harry's own biographer erupts at Duke's Royal Family swipe
- Prince Harry branded 'spoiled brat' as Piers Morgan erupts at Duke for 'trashing' Charles
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'divided' by new revelations – 'Could be driven apart'
“But I have to say, when it becomes that personal as walking behind your mother’s funeral cortège, it goes to another level of duty.
“But I just kept thinking about what she would want and that she’d be proud of Harry and I being able to go through it and effectively she was there with us.”
He added: “I felt like she was almost walking along beside us to get us through.”
Prince Harry also told of how he feels a need to “fill the holes” left following Diana’s passing.
Effectively she was there with us. I felt like she was almost walking along beside us to get us through
Prince William on his mother Princess Diana
He said: “All I want to do is try and fill the holes that my mother has left and between myself and William and everybody else that’s in those privileged positions to try and make a difference.
“That’s what it’s about for us, trying to make a difference.”
The programme will also hear from some of those most affected including her siblings Earl Spencer and Lady Sarah McCorquodale, former Prime Minister Tony Blair and members of the Royal household.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Prince William, Prince Harry, William and Harry, Diana’s, Mother Princess Diana, Privileged, Walking along beside, Diana’s Passing