Uh Oh!: Prince William Awkwardly Disses Stepmother Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall in Princess Diana Documentary
Well, that was a bit uncomfortable! Prince William and his younger brother, Prince Harry, candidly spoke out about their mother, Princess Diana, in a new documentary about the late royal — and in one of the TV special’s scenes, William awkwardly dissed his stepmother, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
In Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy — which aired on HBO on Monday, July 24 — William, 35, was candidly asked by an interviewer how he is keeping Diana’s memory alive for his two young children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. “We’ve got more photos up around the house now of her and we talk about her a bit and stuff. It’s hard, because obviously [my wife, Kate Middleton], didn’t know her, so she cannot really provide that, that level of detail,” he began.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
“So, I do regularly when putting George or Charlotte to bed, talk about her and just try and remind them that there are two grandmothers — there were two grandmothers — in their lives. So, it’s important that they know who she was and that she existed,” William continued. Interestingly, William seemed to emphasize that his children only have two grandmas, his mother, Diana, and Kate’s mom, Carole Middleton. But what about Camilla?
We’re guessing William’s awkward exclusion of his stepmother, Camilla, as a grandmother-figure in his children’s lives was not intentional — especially since the father-of-two and Harry have spoken out in the past about their admiration for Camilla. “She’s a wonderful woman, and she’s made our father, [Prince Charles], very, very happy, which is the most important thing. William and I love her to bits,” Harry once said in a 2005 interview.
According to PopSugar, William’s wife, Kate, also gets along just fine with Camilla. In fact, when Kate tied the knot with William in April 2011, Camilla reportedly gave her new stepdaughter-in-law a special bracelet inscribed with both of their first initials. How sweet!
Source: closerweekly com
Tags: Princess Diana, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince William and Prince Harry, Daughter, Ruined Their Marriage, Kate Middleton, Kensington Palace, Kids