PRINCE LOUIS will celebrate his second birthday tomorrow, but who are his godparents?
Prince Louis was last seen in a video shared by Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William clapping for our carers last month. Prince Louis, alongside his parents and siblings Prince George and Princess Charlotte, is remaining at the country home of Anmer Hall in Norfolk amid the coronavirus crisis. But who exactly are his godparents?
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
The Royal Family, like other British families, has been forced to remain in their homes as the country battles against coronavirus.
The lockdown restrictions mean Prince William and Kate, like other Britons, have been forced to work from home.
During a BBC interview, Prince Louis mischievously made his presence known as he accidentally kept hanging up video calls quite often.
Prince William said: “For some reason, he sees the red button and he always wants to press the red button.”
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Prince Louis godparents: Who are Prince Louis’ godparents? (Image: PA/GETTY)
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince Louis godparents: Prince Louis turns two years old on April 23 (Image: GETTY)
Who are Prince Louis’ godparents?
Nicholas van Cutsem
Nicholas van Cutsem is a close childhood friend of both Prince William and Prince Harry.
Mr van Cutsem’s father Hugh van Cutsem Sr was good friends with Prince Charles at Cambridge University.
William served as an usher at Nicholas’ wedding in 2009, while Nicholas’s daughter Flornce was a bridesmaid at Prince Harry’s wedding.
Nicholas’ other William is Prince George’s godfather.
Prince Louis godparents: Nicholas van Cutsem and Guy Perry (Image: GETTY)
Guy Pelly is a former nightclub manager who is responsible for turning Mayfair’s Mahiti into one of London’s biggest celebrity hotspots.
His mother Lady Carolyn Herbert was close friends with Princess Diana.
He has been close with both princes since childhood.
Prince Harry was Prince William’s best man in 2011, but Guy was responsible for organising the Duke of Cambridge’s stag do.
Harry Aubrey-Fletcher is one of Prince William’s oldest friends.
He is the youngest son of the Lord Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire, who acts as the Queen’s personal representative in the county.
He first met William during their preparatory school years in Berkshire before they both attended Eton College together.
Prince Louis godparents: [Left to right] Hannah Carter, Harry Aubrey-Fletcher and Lady Laura Meade (Image: GETTY)
Lady Laura Meade
Lady Laura Meade is the daughter of Julian Marsham, 8th Earl of Romney.
She is also married to one of Prince William’s best friends, James Meade, who co-delivered the best man’s speech at his wedding in April 2011 and is Princess Charlotte’s godfather.
The couple, live near the Cambridges’ country retreat Amner Hall, where they are spending the lockdown period.
Hannah Carter, nee Gillingham, is a schoolfriend of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Hannah and Kate attended Marlborough College together.
Her sister-in-law Sophie is one of Princess Charlotte’s two godmothers.
Lucy Middleton, a solicitor, is Kate’s older cousin.
Kate and Lucy spent their gap year together in Florence, Italy.
She graduated from Bristol University in 2002 with a degree in French and Italian and is now a senior publishing lawyer at Penguin Random House.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK