They wrote: “But as the day came and went, Harry’s gesture remained in its box at the charity’s headquarters in Kent.”
The authors went on alleging the Duke’s request to have the wreath laid was denied because he was no longer a “frontline royal”.
Mr Scobie and Ms Durand went on claiming Prince Harry negatively reacted to this refusal.
A person described by the authors as a “close source” to the Duke of Sussex said Harry was “saddened and disappointed by the decision”.
The source also said: “Ten years of service and a lifetime commitment to the military community and this is how it’s been acknowledged by his family”.
Buckingham Palace did not comment on these claims.
Express.co.uk has contacted a representative of the Duke of Sussex for comment.
Finding Freedom was first released in August last year, before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, launched their organisation Archewell and announced any of their financial deals.
The updated version of this biography will include a new epilogue, to be released on August 31.
Ahead of the publication of Finding Freedom’s first edition, a spokesman for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said the couple was not interviewed by the authors and did not contribute to the book.
The Sussexes’ team has also recently stressed Mr Scobie and Ms Durand do not speak for Meghan and Harry.
Meghan and Prince Harry officially stepped down as senior royals at the end of March 2020, three months after they announced their intention to carve out a progressive new role for themselves within the institution.
As a result of their exit, it was announced in February this year Meghan and Harry had been asked to return their royal and military patronages.
Moreover, the couple can no longer carry out royal duties and no longer receives taxpayer-funded security.
They were also asked not to use the word ‘royal’ in their branding.
Shortly before officially stepping down, the Sussexes relocated to California, where they later bought a home in the star-studded neighbourhood of Montecito, Santa Barbara.
In the months following their exit from the Firm, Meghan and Harry announced they had struck deals with streaming giants Netflix and Spotify.
The pair have so far released only a holiday special of their Archewell Audio podcast exclusively produced for Spotify.
But they have announced the production of two Netflix shows – Heart of Invictus and Pearl.
In a two-hour-long interview with Ms Winfrey, the couple accused the Royal Family of racism and neglect while also discussing their relationship with a few key members of the Firm and their plans for the future.
In other solo appearances, including the mental health series he co-produced The Me You Can’t See, Prince Harry continued to criticise his family.
Taking part in an episode of the podcast Armchair Expert, the Duke even revealed he did not want to take on his royal job in his early 20s.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK