The Duke added that the Queen’s husband “was my Grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ’til the end”.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
One Twitter user pointed out that Harry’s message denotes his allegiance to Britain.
NBC journalist Raf Sanchez wrote: “For those questioning Prince Harry’s commitment to Britain: he is still putting U’s in hono(u)r and humo(u)r.”
Other users on the social media platform commended the Duke’s message, with some highlighting his close bond to his grandfather.
Prince Harry writing style in Philip tribute shows ‘commitment to Britain’ despite US move
One person wrote: “Harry and Philip were so close and had a lot in common. My condolences to him on this huge loss.
“Death is something inevitable yet we can never be prepared for it or the loss of loved ones.
“I pray he finds solace in the memories he has with his grandfather.”
Another user added: “One can really feel the love and admiration from Harry.”
The Duke of Sussex paid homage to his grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, in a statement
Another wrote: “These are words from a beautiful heart who loved his grandpa and who knew he was loved in return. Truly heartfelt and beautiful words.”
On Friday at 12pm, Buckingham Palace announced the news that Prince Philip had passed away at Windsor Castle.
A statement read: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK