Prince Harry warned of ‘virtually impossible’ task to stop memoir going public

1566

Harry and Meghan are believed to be trying to put the brakes on the release of his book and their Netflix show following the Queen’s death – but things may not be that simple.

She further claimed copies had probably already been printed, predicting publisher Penguin Random House would have to pulp them at enormous cost.

Journalist Mr Sacerdoti, whose television credits include the BBC, Fox News and Sky News, told Express.co.uk: “I haven’t heard anything about the books being pulped.

“There are times when publishers have to do that, for example if they lose a legal case because of something printed in a book.”

Prince Harry Prince William King Charles III

Prince Harry, brother Prince William and father King Charles III (Image: GETTY)

Prince Harry Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle behind his father at the funeral (Image: GETTY)

The further down the line it was, the more people will have seen it

Jonathan Sacerdoti

However, he added: “If it’s true that Harry’s book is being rewritten or re-edited after it had been signed off and possibly even been produced to a nearly finished state, then there is also a risk that the earlier version could be leaked and made public even if a decision is made to change the focus or tone things down.

“That’s always going to be a risk that will maybe make some people afraid.

“The further down the line it was, the more people will have seen it, and the more digital copies of it there will be in circulation.”King Charles Camilla

King Charles III and Camilla, the Queen Consort (Image: GETTY)

Prince Harry warned royal demands on William ‘won’t work’ as rift remains unhealed

Prince Harry turned down an invite to speak with Prince William after he publicly revealed he was unhappy in the Royal Family during his 2019 tour to South Africa, it has been claimed. The Duke told an ITV documentary that he and his brother are on “different paths”.

Mr Sacerdoti stressed: “It’s virtually impossible for something to be truly withdrawn these days once it has been seen and sent around even just internally at the publisher.

“So even if it’s edited and changed before it’s published, the original text will always be a possible threat.”

Harry, who relocated to the United States with wife Meghan Markle at the start of 2020 after both stepped down as senior royals, was paid a rumoured advance of £14million for the memoir, and is widely believed to be working with ghostwriter JR Moehringer.

Kate William Harry Meghan

The Prince and Princess of Wales, Prince Harry and Meghan at Windsor (Image: GETTY)

Prince Harry Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at the UN (Image: GETTY)

In a statement issued last year, he said: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”

He added: “I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

However, the Queen’s death on September 8, which saw both Harry and Meghan temporarily reunited with other senior Royals, including father King Charles III, had prompted a rethink, Ms Nicholl – who has recently published her own book, New Royals – suggested in an interview with True Royalty TV’s Royal Beat.

She said: “What is interesting, after having just done my own book and got that out quickly because of what has happened, is if his book was ready to go out in the fall, for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it will have been printed.

“So are they pulping those editions? If so, that will be phenomenally expensive.

“But, I don’t think Harry can risk being seen to be insensitive to his grandmother’s memory.

“So my understanding is that yes, changes are being made.”

Speaking to celebrity gossip website Page Six, one insider said “a lot of conversations” were taking place.

They added: “I hear that Harry and Meghan want the series to be held until next year, they want to stall.

“I wonder if the show could even be dead in the water at this point, do Harry and Meghan just want to shelve this thing?”

Source: EXPRESS CO UK

Diana Legacy Header Logo Image
inbox gif

Get Update News In Your Inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest Update News Images Videos of British Royal Family

↑ Grab this Headline Animator