Prince Harry, 36, was reunited with Royal Family members for the first time in months as he returned to the UK for Prince Philip’s funeral last week. The Duke of Sussex has since headed back to Montecito, California to be with his pregnant wife Meghan Markle, 39, and their son Archie Harrison who turns two in May.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
When will Prince Harry next return to the UK?
Prince Harry’s next trip to the UK will largely depend on how things stand with the coronavirus pandemic but he is expected back in Britain this summer.
While the Palace is yet to officially confirm plans, Prince William, 39, and Harry are due to unveil a new statue of their late mother Princess Diana in the gardens at Kensington Palace on July 1.
Last month, Harry admitted he and William were “on different paths” as he and Meghan spoke to Oprah Winfrey about their time as senior working royals.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Prince Harry UK return: When will Harry next be back in Britain after Philip funeral trip?
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince Harry UK return: Harry walked behind Prince Philip’s coffin with William at the funeral
William and Harry’s relationship has been plagued by rumours of a rift for years but there appeared to be signs of a reconciliation between the two princes as they walked side by side following Philip’s funeral on Saturday.
According to one royal insider, Harry saw the Queen at least twice during his recent trip to the UK.
Writing for Bazaar.com, royal reporter and Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie quoted one source as having said: “The love and respect he [Harry] has for his grandmother will always be unwavering.
“This trip was to honour the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives.”
Prince Harry UK return: Harry and William are due to reunite to unveil a new statue of Diana on July 1
The insider added: “It was very much a family-focused period of time. Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length.
“The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”
Charles and William are also understood to have met with Harry face-to-face in the grounds of Windsor Castle after Prince Philip’s funeral service for a private talk.
Meghan and Harry are currently expecting their second child, a baby girl, who is due to be born this summer.
As long as the Sussex baby’s due date does not coincide with the Diana statue unveiling, then Harry should be back in Britain in July.
Harry paid a touching tribute to his grandfather ahead of the Duke’s funeral.
Harry’s message read: “My grandfather was a man of service, honour and great humour.”
“He was authentically himself, with a seriously sharp wit, and could hold the attention of any room due to his charm—and also because you never knew what he might say next.”
Prince Harry UK return: Harry is now back in California with his wife Meghan and their son Archie
The tribute continued: “He will be remembered as the longest-reigning consort to the Monarch, a decorated serviceman, a Prince and a Duke.
“But to me, like many of you who have lost a loved one or grandparent over the pain of this past year, he was my grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ’til the end.
“He has been a rock for Her Majesty The Queen with unparalleled devotion, by her side for 73 years of marriage, and while I could go on, I know that right now he would say to all of us, beer in hand, ‘Oh do get on with it!’
“So, on that note, Grandpa, thank you for your service, your dedication to Granny, and for always being yourself.
“You will be sorely missed, but always remembered – by the nation and the world. Meghan, Archie, and I (as well as your future great-granddaughter) will always hold a special place for you in our hearts.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK