“On the 24th anniversary of her tragic passing, the late Princess’s friend and voice coach Stewart Pearce told the Daily Mail that the royal was planning to move her boys, Prince William and Prince Harry, across the pond to California.
“Stewart told the publication that Diana wanted to make Malibu her next home, so she could focus on a career in Hollywood.”
“He noted that her planned move was amid her blossoming romance with film director Dodi Fayed but sadly Diana’s alleged plans to move out west were cut short after she and Dodi died in a fatal car accident.
“Diana’s son Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle are following in her alleged intended footsteps.”
Prince Harry has followed Princess Diana’s ‘intended footsteps’
Meghan and Harry have signed a multi-million-pound deal with Netflix
In an interview given to mark the 24th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death, Mr Pearce said: “One of the major opportunities that she wanted to create, was to start developing documentaries about three charitable interests that would be assimilated into major motion pictures.
“She was planning on spending a lot of time in Hollywood.
“The point was that Diana was really beginning to explore her creative power.”
Mr Pearce was a friend and mentor to the former princess, and between 1995-1997, worked with her to improve her public speaking and poise.
Hollywood actor Kevin Costner also revealed that during the 1990s, he had spoken to Princess Diana about a possible Hollywood career, suggesting a part in a sequel to The Bodyguard.
Princess Diana was known as the most famous woman on earth and was seen as a fashion icon across the world.
Her death on August 31, 1997, at the age of 36 caused widespread mourning.
She and Dodi Fayed were killed in a tunnel in Paris, after their vehicle lost control whilst they were being pursued by the paparazzi.
He and his wife Meghan Markle announced in January 2020 that they would be stepping down from their roles as senior working royals, and were planning to relocate to North America.
Since then, the Sussexes have moved to Montecito, near Los Angeles, and have signed a number of lucrative deals with streaming giants Spotify and Netflix.
Their £100million deal will see the couple produce a range of “informative” and “uplifting” content.
Prince Harry’s first project ‘Heart of Invictus’ was announced in April, a docu-series that will follow the competitors and organisers of the 2022 Invictus Games.
Meanwhile, Meghan Markle has signed on to executive-produce an animated children’s series that will follow a young girl named Pearl interacting with influential women throughout history.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK