Prince Harry asks Meghan Markle’s father for her hand in marriage insider claims
PRINCE HARRY and Meghan Markle have made their first official public appearance together over the past week, with many speculating an engagement is on the way.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Prince Harry, 33, has been openly affectionate with girlfriend Meghan Markle, 36, during the Invictus Games in Toronto and the pair are clearly in love.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Rumours of an engagement have reached fever pitch since the duo went on a three week holiday to Africa last month, continuing since their public outings in Toronto.
And now it seems they are ready to take the next step, with an insider claiming the royal has sought his girlfriend’s hand in marriage.
Meghan’s father lives in Toronto, and a source has said Harry took the opportunity to speak privately to Thomas Markle about a proposal.
An insider told Hollywood Life: “Harry asked Meghan’s father for her hand in marriage the last time he was in Canada, and Thomas was very happy to give his blessing.
“Thomas loves Harry, as do all of Meghan’s family, and he especially loves how happy his daughter is, and how much Harry clearly adores her.”
The source confirmed permission was also sought by Harry from the Queen, who was happy to grant it.
The insider continued: “Harry has also asked his grandmother for permission to marry, which she has granted.
“The Queen met Meghan earlier this month, and was quite taken with her. So, she is very happy for Meghan to join the family.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince Harry has not only reportedly met Meghan’s father, but has been seen out publicly with her mother, Doria Radlan.
The trio enjoyed a day at the Invictus Games on Sunday and appeared to be getting on very well.
If he does get down on one knee, what type of engagement ring would Prince Harry choose?
Stephen Barnard, a jeweller who has crafted pieces for members of the Royal Family, including Princess Diana, shared his thoughts with the Mirror.
He said: “I think if Harry were to propose it would be a ring with a large diamond, with a few little diamonds set around it.
“I think it will be stylish, I think it will be a large cut diamond, with maybe a dozen or so pave stones, lots of little diamonds all set together, around it. I don’t think he will choose a sapphire like his mother’s.
“Precious stones are dated. She is young, vivacious, American and stylish. I don’t think they will be very traditional. I think they will be more modern. I think it will be platinum, with maybe a few eternity rings to go with it.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Wedding, Permission