PRINCE GEORGE has his birthday coming up and his grandfather Prince Charles recently revealed a right of passage the young royal might get to enjoy when he turns seven.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Prince George is the eldest of Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William’s three children and will be seven on July 22. While he is likely to spend his special day in lockdown with his parents and siblings Princess Charlotte, five, and Prince Louis, two, there may be a special treat for him on the horizon.
Prince George’s grandfather Prince Charles, 71, recently revealed what he might treat George to on his seventh birthday.
The Prince of Wales gave an interview on Classic FM earlier this week in which he shared the inspirations behind the piece of music he commissioned to honour his grandmother, The Queen Mother, after her death.
He said: “I asked [Nigel Hess] to write a piano concerto in memory of my grandmother, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
“And when we talked about the structure of the piece, we decided each movement should reflect an important aspect of her character.”
“The smile, the love, the sense of duty, which remained deep right to the very end.”
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Prince George milestone: Royal right of passage George to enjoy when he turns 7 (Image: Getty)
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince George milestone: Kate is expected to share new photos of George on his birthday (Image: GETTY)
The Prince of Wales revealed it was his grandmother who introduced him to classical music in the first place.
He also suggested he would like to do the same for his grandson Prince George.
He said: “I suspect the first time I really became aware of it was being taken by my grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, to Covent Garden aged seven, I think, it must have been in 1956 to see the Bolshoi Ballet perform.”
Prince Charles added: “It was their first visit to the United Kingdom and I shall never forget that incredible occasion. I was completely inspired by it.”
Prince George milestone: George will be 7 in July (Image: PA/Instagram)
The Prince of Wales hinted he would like to take Prince George to Covent Garden too.
He said: “It’s so important, I think, for grandparents or other relations to take children—at about the age of seven—to experience some form of the arts in performance.”
Both Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte recently celebrated their birthdays in lockdown and their milestones were marked with a special gesture from mum Kate.
The Duchess of Cambridge is a keen amateur photographer and share new pictures of her little ones ahead of their birthdays.
Prince Louis was captured making a rainbow paint tribute to the NHS and the adorable snaps were shared on Kensington Palace Instagram on his birthday on April 23.
Princess Charlotte was photographed distributing food packages to the doorsteps of vulnerable community members near the family’s Norfolk home Amer Hall.
Kate is expected to share new snaps of George to mark his upcoming birthday too.
Prince George milestone: George and Charlotte are expected to return to school at the same time (Image: GETTY)
While the Cambridges have been spending lockdown in Norfolk they may return to London when school restarts.
Both George and Charlotte are pupils at Thomas’s Battersea which is expected to reopen in keeping with Government guidelines on June 1.
Princess Charlotte is in reception and George is in Year 2.
While classes are due to restart for reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils, it is thought Prince William and Kate won’t send Charlotte back until George can return to school too.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK