Prince Charles Wanted To Give Princes William, Harry These Names
Prince Charles initially wanted to give Prince William and Prince Harry different names, but Princess Diana didn’t approve of it.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
In “Diana: Her Story,” it was revealed that it was Princess Diana that chose William and Harry for her two sons. The rest of their names were chosen by the Prince of Wales.
Prince William’s full name is William Arthur Philip Louis and Prince Harry’s full name is Henry Charles Albert David.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
Initially, Prince Charles wanted her sons to be named Prince Albert and Prince Arthur, respectively, but Princess Diana disliked it because it sounded too old.
“I chose William and Harry, but Charles did the rest. He wanted Albert and Arthur, and I said no. Too old!” Princess Diana said.
In related news, Princess Diana is being linked to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming wedding. Sarah Gristwood, a royal commentator, said that the royal family has come a long way in the way they welcomed Markle into the clan. Princess Diana experienced an entirely different thing.
“The way that Meghan Markle has been welcomed so warmly into the royal family absolutely shows how far the institution and the people of palaces, the people around the royals, have come in the past couple of decades. I think a huge number of lessons were learned from Princess Diana’s life and death,” she told Express.
The royal commentator also noted that Markle’s status as a divorced woman and it is accepted by the royal family is a step in the right direction.
“Certainly it is extraordinary when you think about it. Queen Elizabeth II is only on the throne because her uncle had to give up the throne to marry a divorced woman, Wallace Simpson. Now, here is another divorced, American actress of mixed-race origin being welcomed as a Princess and a Duchess and quite rightly no one sees any reason why she shouldn’t be. It absolutely shows how far the Royals have come and I think it helps set them on a pretty good path for the future,” she said.
Source: IBTIMES COM
Tags: Catherine Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, Kate, Middleton, Royals, British Royal Family, Royals, Pregnant Kate, Duchess Kate, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, Princess, George and Charlotte, Prince of Cambridge, Prince Louis, Prince Louis Arthur Charles, HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge
Hashtags: #CatherineDuchessofCambridge #Cambridge #Duchess #Pregnancy #CatherineDuchessofCambridge #Royals #BritishRoyalFamily #RoyalNews #RoyalUpdateNews #Royals #RoyalFamilyNews #PrinceWilliam #PrinceGeorge #George #Princess #PrincessCharlotte #PrincessCharlotteElizabethDiana #PrinceLouis #PrinceLouiosArthurCharles #HRHPrinceLouisofCambridge #PrinceofCambridge