Prince Charles’ sweet message to royal fans about Meghan and Harry’s royal baby
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will welcome their first royal baby next Spring – and grandfather-to-be Prince Charles has thanked his royal fans for their well wishes ahead of the arrival.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
The future King sent well-wishers a thank you letter after they congratulated him on the news he has another grandchild on the way. The thank you letter from Clarence House, posted on Instagram account ‘The Crown Replies’, read: “The Prince of Wales asked me to thank you for your recent letter, which you have sent following the announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their first child. His Royal Highness is grateful to you for taking the trouble to write as you did, he was touched by your kind words of support and has asked me to send you his warmest thanks and very best wishes.”
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Prince Charles has already revealed he toasted “several times” after hearing the news that his youngest son was expecting his first child with wife, Meghan Markle.
The heir-to-the-throne who turned 70 this month is already grandfather to Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
In BBC documentary ‘Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70’, which aired recently, Prince William told how he wished his father could spend more time with his children.
Talking about his father, the Duke of Edinburgh said: “I would like him to have more time with the children.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince Charles was touched by your kind words of support and has asked me to send you his warmest thanks and very best wishes
“Having more time with him at home would be lovely, and being able to you know play around with the grandchildren.
“When he’s there, he’s brilliant, but we need him there as much as possible.”
And there was no denying Prince Charles’ adorable bond with his grandchildren after charming pictures to mark his 70th birthday emerged, treating royal fans to an insight into their royal life.
One shot showed Charles beaming as he clutches a four-month-old Louis to his chest in the gardens of Clarence House on a sunny day last September.
Another from the same shoot showed a cheeky Louis grabbing a handful of his grandfather’s face as he leans forward from his mother Kate’s grip.
In another family shot, Prince George, 5, sits proudly on his grandfather’s lap.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK