US weekly royal commentators Molly Mulshine and Christina Garibaldi reflected on the relationship between Prince Charles and Prince Harry. The pair agreed that Prince Charles is likely still furious at his son for the Oprah interview with his wife Meghan Markle. The pair added, Prince Charles may see his goal of slimming down the monarchy a way to cut further ties with his son.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
Ms Garibaldi remarked, Prince Harry will likely be unphased about his standing in the Royal Family but more about his relationship with his father.
Ms Garibaldi said: “Let us kick it off with Prince Harry and Prince Charles’ strained relationship.
“US weekly are reporting that there really wasn’t much progress that was made when Prince Harry was back in the UK for Prince Philip’s funeral.
“They really didn’t talk and Prince Charles is still pretty mad that this tell-all interview happened.”
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
Ms Mullshine noted it would have been difficult for the pair to reconcile at Prince Philip’s funeral.
She said: “It must have been really hard for them to broach the subject while they were dealing with the funeral and everything.
“Of course we know that Prince Charles is working towards a slimmed-down monarchy.
“According to this reporting, it seems like this might killing two birds with one stone.”
Ms Garibaldi added: “Yes that is what it seems like, that he is completely freezing Harry out.
“But on the other hand, Harry froze himself out.
“He didn’t want to be a part of this anymore so I don’t think that is going to bother him.
“But I think it is the fact that he is not having this relationship with his father, not the future king.
“Hopefully they settle their differences in the future but based on these reportings it seems that two at odds.
“It seems like the pair are not going to mend fences any time soon.”
The royal commentators added that it seems that Prince Harry has been making some headway with repairing the relationship with his brother William, however.
They insisted that while tensions still remain high, they are talking more and in communication with one another.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK