Harry went on to describe how Charles “treated me the way he was treated”.
Mr Quinn believes Charles “was left with nannies in that very Victorian way” because his parents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, “were away when he was very young”.
He added: “Although Charles tried to be a more modern parent, he didn’t have the tools because he didn’t grow up with them.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
“Diana actually joined in their games, while Charles would have said ‘off you go’.
“He wouldn’t have joined in. He’s too stiff, too old-fashioned.”
During the interview with Oprah, Harry said Charles and his brother William are “trapped” within the “system” of the Firm.
He also said his father “stopped taking my calls” when the Sussexes decided to step back as senior royals.
Harry added that he felt “really let down” by Charles and that “there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened”.
Speaking to Mr Shepard earlier this week, he discussed the topic of being parented.
He said: “There is no blame. I don’t think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody.
“But certainly when it comes to parenting, if I’ve experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that perhaps my father or my parents had suffered, I’m going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on, basically.
“It’s a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway so we as parents should be doing the most we can to try and say ‘you know what, that happened to me, I’m going to make sure that doesn’t happen to you’.”
Harry and wife Meghan, 39, are parents to Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, two.
Meghan is pregnant with their second child, due in the coming months.
Charles & Harry: Father & Son Divided airs on Channel 5, Saturday, May 15 at 9pm
Source: EXPRESS CO UK