Prince Charles ‘annoyed’ at Prince Harry for stealing spotlight with bombshell statement

3102

PRINCE CHARLES was “annoyed” when Prince Harry stole the spotlight from the Royal Family by releasing a statement to the press.

Royal Family News
Be the first one to hear the latest news of the royal family by joining our WhatsApp group.

Prince Charles’ 2016 Oman tour was overshadowed by Prince Harry when he released a statement to the press in defence of Meghan Markle. Charles had been guaranteed the splash on the front pages of newspapers during his tour but it was immediately bumped when Harry accused the British press of harassing Meghan following the discovery of their relationship. Royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti claimed Charles was “annoyed” by the conflict.

Speaking to US Weekly’s Royally Us podcast, Mr Sacerdoti said: “Traditionally, the royal households coordinated so if one of them was doing something like a royal tour, nobody else would announce something big that would knock them off the front page.

“But in that case they has interviews saying that despite promising Prince Charles a splash on the frontpage, the journalist found the story was bumped and he was annoyed by that because Harry has released this bombshell criticism of the media.

“It was also interesting as it gives an idea that maybe the royal households aren’t always working in perfect synchronicity.

“Sometimes they are competing with each other, getting on each other’s nerves or shadowing over each other’s PR plans.”

READ MORE: Princess Charlene’s support for Prince Harry after Meghan Markle leak

Prince Charles

Prince Charles was “annoyed” when Prince Harry stole the spotlight from the Royal Family (Image: GETTY)

Harry and Meghan

Harry released an unprecedented statement about Meghan Markle (Image: WIREIMAGE)

It comes as a private investigator has apologised for targeting the phone of a former girlfriend of the Duke of Sussex and admitted he helped “rob” him of his teenage years.

Gavin Burrows told the BBC there had been a “ruthless” culture in parts of the media in the early 2000s, when he said Chelsy Davy’s phone had been under surveillance.

He told a BBC documentary called The Princes And The Press there was a much greater interest in Harry than his brother, the Duke of Cambridge, when he began working for the now defunct News of the World in 2000.

Editors told him putting Harry on the front page sold more copies of newspapers than William.

“As explained to me by a couple of editors, Harry had basically become the new Diana,” he said.

The BBC says Mr Burrows is a witness in legal cases against the News of the World and The Sun, but that his claims are yet to be tested in court and are strongly disputed.

Harry brought legal proceedings against News Group Newspapers (NGN) and Reach – formerly Mirror Group Newspapers – in 2019, just days after it was announced that the Duchess of Sussex was suing the Mail on Sunday after it published a letter she wrote to her father.

Mr Burrows told the BBC documentary: “There was a lot of voicemail hacking going on, there was a lot of surveillance work on her phones, on her comms.

“Chelsy would brag to her friends when she was going to see him.”

He said investigators were interested in her medical records, ex-boyfriends and details of her education.

Mr Burrows said he was “very sorry” and explained: “I was greedy, I was into my cocaine, and I was living in a fake state of grandeur.”

He added there was a “ruthless” culture in the media, saying: “They’ve got no morals – they absolutely have got no morals.”

Source: EXPRESS CO UK

Diana Legacy Header Logo Image
inbox gif

Get Update News In Your Inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest Update News Images Videos of British Royal Family

↑ Grab this Headline Animator