Andrew “absolutely and categorically” denied the allegations in a 2019 Newsnight interview, while Buckingham Palace have labelled the claims “false and without foundation”.
The Duke of York told Emily Maitls on Newsnight: “It didn’t happen ‒ I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened.
“I have no recollection of meeting this lady, none whatsoever.”
A royal expert has commented on the “fearsome” reputation of the Duke’s new lawyer Mr Brettler.
Pod Save the Queen is hosted by Zoey Forsey and features Daily Mirror royal editor Russell Myers.
Mr Myers said: “You’ve got David Boies who is Virginia Giuffre’s lawyer and a guy called Andrew Brettler, who is quite a fearsome attorney I understand, speaking to some other legal experts and lawyers in the United States.
“He is well renowned and quite a sort of attack dog lawyer in the States, and he’s taken on Andrew’s case.”
Mr Brettler was named among the Hollywood Reporter’s 2021 Top 100 “power lawyers” and has previously represented several high-profile celebrities accused of sexual assault.
The lawyer has been vocal about the Me Too movement and in May told the publication there was an “assumption of wrong-doing just based on an accusation, even an anonymous one.”
Mr Brettler is now working closely with Andrew’s UK legal team led by Gary Bloxsome.
According to the Telegraph Mr Brettler is thought to be charging the Duke $2,000-an-hour (£1470).
The publication also claimed on October 1 that the Queen was privately funding Andrew’s legal fees to the tune of millions.
Mr Myers said this week: “A lot of legal experts in the States say, this could go on for between, two, three, even five years, so it’s not going to be dealt with overnight and I think it’s going to rumble on for many more months.”
The royal expert added: “These legal bills are obviously going to be quite expensive.
“While [Mr Brettler’s] appointment is costing [$2000-an-hour], he’s got junior staff, the UK based legal team led by criminal defence solicitor Gary Bloxsome.
“These have already set his bills soaring so it’s widely accepted that not only will [Mr Brettler’s] bills be quite expensive.”
“This is going to run into millions and millions of pounds. “
Mr Myers added that Andrew had hired a UK legal team and a crisis management team after his November 2019 Newsnight interview, and has been paying them ever since.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the report.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK