Prince Andrew holds ‘crisis talks’ over sacking ‘shambolic’ legal team ‘It’s a disaster!’

748

PRINCE ANDREW has held crisis talks and is considering replacing his legal team, as he deals with historic allegations of abuse, a source has claimed.

Virginia Giuffre alleges she was forced to have with the duke in 2001, aged just 17. She has launched a civil case against Andrew via a New York court.

Ms Giuffre’s legal team has been attempting to serve the prince with official papers, which would trigger a 21-day time frame for him to response.

Andrew has strongly denied the allegations against him.

According to the Sunday Mirror, he recently held crisis talks with his top team and could switch his legal representation.

The paper reports Andrew wanted to release a statement after Ms Giuffre filed her lawsuit last month, contesting the allegations.

Royal

Prince Andrew is reportedly considering changing his legal team (Image: GETTY)

Royal

“The damage to his reputation is there for all to see” (Image: GETTY)

However, he was reportedly dissuaded from doing so by his legal team.

Andrew hired Gary Bloxsome, a defence solicitor, last year after a disastrous interview with Emily Maitlis for the BBC’s Newsnight.

Speaking to the Mirror a source close to the prince said: “The plan, if you can call it a plan, has been shambolic from the start.

“Now it’s all come to a head. He is extremely worried and the crisis talks are so he can get off the back foot. He knows he’s in a full-on crisis.

Royal

Virginia Giuffre alleges she was forced to have with Prince Andrew aged 17 (Image: GETTY)

“The damage to his reputation is there for all to see but now he’s feeling the pressure from his family, though none of them have become directly involved.

“The whole thing’s a disaster.”

Following the 2019 BBC Newsnight interview, Andrew stepped down as a working member of the Royal Family.

However royal courtiers are reportedly worried the case will damage the wider family.

Royal

Virginia Giuffre has launched legal action against Prince Andrew (Image: GETTY)

Royal

Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide in 2019 (Image: GETTY)

Prince Charles and Prince William are both said to have “privately expressed disquiet” over the latest events.

However, Sarah Ferguson, Andrew’s ex-wife, is reportedly ready to “back him to the hilt”.

Earlier this week the High Court in London agreed Ms Giuffre’s legal team can formally contact Andrew about their action against him.

Ms Giuffre claims she was coerced into having with the prince by financier and convicted offender Jeffrey Epstein.

In August 2019 Mr Epstein committed suicide whilst awaiting trafficking charges.

Speaking to the Radio Times magazine Ms Maitlis revealed the moment she realised her interview with Andrew was “explosive”.

She said: “First, he was tackling the subject matter head on.

Royal

Prince Andrew with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago (Image: GETTY)

“Secondly, the lack of apology or any real expression of regret told me that the prince still believed that his actions had broadly been the right ones.

“And thirdly, the level of detail was unlike anything I was expecting.”

Source: EXPRESS CO UK

Diana Legacy Header Logo Image
inbox gif

Get Update News In Your Inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Latest Update News Images Videos of British Royal Family

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Instagram
Instagram