Prince George birthday: People say he looks just like THIS royal in an official portrait
Prince George’s birthday is today, Sunday 22 July. The adorable son of Prince William, 36, and Kate Middleton, 36, turns five years old. Kensington Palace has released a picture of the future king, and royal fans are saying he looks just like one particular member of his family.
Prince George, 5, celebrates his birthday today. Kensington Palace released a special photograph of Prince George, who is the son of Kate Middleton and Prince William, to mark the occasion.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
In the cute photograph, Prince George grins happily at the camera, showing off all his teeth.
The little boy takes on a traditional soldier’s “standing at ease” pose, with his hands clasped behind his back.
George’s childish grin and adorable cheeks have reminded some royal watchers of a particular member of the royal family.
He looks just like Prince William as a child, it has been commented by royal fans on social media.
Prince George is said to resemble father Prince William in his birthday portrait
“To me he’s the spitting image of his Dad at that age,” commented one Instagram user, adding: “Happy birthday Prince George”.
A Twitter user wrote: “happy birthday prince George have great day he looks just like his dad (sic).”
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
Childhood pictures of Prince William and his younger brother Prince Harry, now 33, show the close resemblance between George and his father at the same age.
Pictured with parents Prince Charles, 69, and Princess Diana, who died at the age of 36, Prince William looks like a happy child, constantly grinning for the camera.
However, Prince William wasn’t the only member of his family that Prince George was compared to.
Another Twitter user commented that Prince Louis’ resembles his maternal grandmother, Carole Middleton, 63.
The user wrote: “Definitely a striking resemblance to grandma Carole.”
How is Prince George spending his birthday? He is believed to be spending the special day in the Caribbean with his family.
The Cambridges, including Prince George’s two younger siblings Princess Charlotte, 3, and Prince Louis were spotted at St. Lucia airport earlier this week.
The adorable picture of George released last night was said to be taken at Prince Louis’ christening earlier this month.
Pictures of Prince Louis’ christening taken on this special day were released last weekend.
In the pictures, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, held her baby son in her arms in a traditional pose.
But now a further picture has been released which shows Louis sitting up in Kate’s arms and gives insight into his emerging personality.
In the shot, both Louis and the Duchess are looking off at something out of shot, and the baby grins widely, his eyes sparkling in delight.
The picture gives a sense of his sense of humour and fun – much like his sister Charlotte, who often waves and laughs for cameras.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK