MEGHAN Markle’s mother Doria Ragland has been pictured teaching yoga classes in her native Los Angles after snubbing an invitation to spend Christmas at Sandringham with her pregnant daughter – and the Queen.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
The divorced 62-year-old was seen dressed casually in a white top and navy blue trousers with a sweater tied around her waist days after declining an invite to the Queen’s Norfolk residence to be with the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry over the festive season. Heading to the yoga studio, she got out of her car which had a sassy bumper sticker on it that read: “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” Ms Ragland opted for the California sunshine over Christmas with the royal family in Britain in a move that saw her become one of very few people turn down an extremely rare invitation from the Monarch. A royal source told Vanity Fair that Ms Ragland turned down the offer earlier this week after it was issued because the Queen was so “impressed” with the single mother’s behaviour at the Duke an Duchess of Sussex’s royal wedding in May.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Ms Ragland was the only member of 37-year-old Meghan’s family to get an invitation.
Her father, 74-year-old Thomas Markle Snr, who was exposed for his part in selling fake photos to the paparazzi for eye-watering sums of cash three days before the wedding, was not invited.
Meghan’s half-sister Samantha who frequently attacks the royal on Twitter and who randomly showed up at Kensington Palace to confront her sister, was also not invited.
But neither were the Duchess of Cambridge’s family – the Middletons – invited, which is in keeping with royal protocol.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Though Michael and Carol Middleton, Kate’s mother and father, will join the royal family and their daughter at church on Christmas morning but opted to stay at nearby Anmer Hall rather than Sandringham itself.
Kate and Meghan will be spending Christmas together with their husbands and the rest of the royal clan over the festive season, despite talks of a feud between the pair which was said to have kicked off earlier in the year during Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress fitting for the royal wedding in Windsor.
Royal fans hope time together will see the pair iron out their differences.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK