Meghan Markle acting career IGNORED by the university who use Duchess to attract new students
Meghan Markle’s old university are celebrating her status as the Duchess of Sussex while neglecting to even mention her acting career in its latest prospectus.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Meghan, 37, has been listed among other successful graduates from Northwestern University, Illinois on a prospectus designed to attract new students.
The former actress is described as a “humanitarian and the Duchess of Sussex”.
Meghan’s image appears next to a message reading: “You can do anything when you take a Northwestern Direction. They did.”
The prospectus came to light after a royal fan account called ‘harrysmegri’ which has more than 29,000 followers shared a snippet from the catalogue.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Instagram post said: “The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle is at the top of the illustrious alum page in #Northwestern University’s newest student recruiting catalog.”
Thousands of people liked the post, but some questioned the university’s motive in highlighting Meghan’s royal position but not her successful acting career.
User @peoniesandpoems posted: “Not sure why they didn’t mention she’s an actress.”
The user pointed out that Meghan’s former career was “a huge part of her identity”.
Another @rbnslesl2, posted: “Nice, but would prefer “former actress, humanitarian, and Duchess of Sussex.””
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Meghan graduated from Northwestern’s school of communication in 2003 with a bachelor’s degree and a double major in theatre and international studies.
After graduating she returned to her hometown, LA, to pursue her dreams of becoming an actress.
She briefly worked as a suitcase girl on ‘Deal or No Deal’.
Her first big break was the role of Rachel Zane in the hit legal drama ‘Suits’.
In August she reportedly ‘politely declined’ an invitation to the Emmy awards in Los Angeles on September 17.
Express.co.uk has contacted Northwestern University for comment.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK