Meghan Markle: Royal aides in ‘increasingly desperate situation’ with dad Thomas
MEGHAN MARKLE, 36, has seen her father appear in a number of TV interviews recently. This has caused an ‘increasingly desperate situation’ at the Palace according to a source.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas Markle, 74, has caused crisis talks at the palace were royal aides are reportedly meeting to attempt to prevent him speaking out.
A Mirror exclusive reports that there have been at least three top-level meetings.
Royal aides are keen to prevent further distress to the Duchess of Sussex and her husband Prince Harry, 33.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
A source told the paper: “It’s an increasingly desperate situation and now it’s come down to three options being on the table.
“Firstly, Meghan could contact her father straight away and appeal to him directly to ask him to stop hurting her, but right now she’s decided to cut him off.
Meghan Markle latest news: Dad Thomas sparks ‘increasingly desperate situation’ at the palace
“There is a possibility an intermediary could meet with him and appeal to him to stop making such hurtful statements.
“The final option would be for Meghan to cut him off completely in the hope he will stop, but the situation is so precarious no one knows when that would be.”
They added that Meghan is deeply hurt by the situation unfolding.
In Thomas Markle’s latest interview with the Mail on Sunday the 74-year-old claimed he has been cut off from his daughter and said: “I used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the Royal Family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”
He added that Meghan “would be better off if he died”.
Kate Middleton is reportedly worried about Meghan’s welfare and is making time for her sister-in-law.
The source told Vanity Fair: “Kate’s well aware of what Meghan is going through.
“Her family has been dragged through the tabloids and she knows it’s not nice.
“She’s made a big effort to be kind to Meghan and look out for her.”
Although Kate has a lot on her plate with her new baby Prince Louis, she is still thinking of Meghan.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
In June a royal expert revealed their insight into how Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will deal with Thomas Markle.
Emily Andrews, royal correspondent for The Sun, told Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain: “For Meghan and Harry I think it will be business as usual.”
Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton will attend the wedding of Charlie van Straubenzee on 4 August.
Kate and William are thought to be flying back from their holiday in Mustique to attend.
William is also good friend’s with Charlie, an his older brother Thomas was one of William’s ushers at his wedding to Kate.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK