The Sussexes’ communications secretary at the time Jason Knauf helped Meghan find Keleigh Thomas Morgan of Sunshine Sachs, whose clients included Hollywood stars Salma Hayek, Jane Fonda and Natalie Portman.
Mr Low claimed: “With Morgan on board, Meghan agreed to do an interview with Vanity Fair for their October 2017 issue. This was something Kensington Palace was happy for her to do, but they were going to leave the negotiations to Morgan.
“The couple were not officially engaged — though everyone in Kensington Palace knew they had been privately engaged since the late summer — but this was Meghan putting herself out there in a confident, proactive way.
“With a glamorous picture of the actress on the cover, all hair and freckles, and a headline that proclaimed loudly ‘She’s Just Wild About Harry’, the article quoted Meghan speaking openly about her romance with the prince.”
The Vanity Fair issue saw Meghan say of her and Harry’s relationship: “We’re in love.
“This [time] is for us. It’s part of what makes it so special, that it’s just ours. But we’re happy. Personally, I love a great love story.”
However, in an extract from Mr Low’s book published by the Daily Mail, he claimed: “Sweet, yes? And she looked great, didn’t she? But Meghan hated it.
“And she was furious with Keleigh Thomas Morgan. ‘She was very unhappy with how that had been handled,’ said a source. ‘And she was looking to throw blame in every possible direction, despite it having been a positive piece’.”
The source continued: “She did not like the photographs. She thought the story was negative.
“She was upset that it was about Harry, not about her.”
“She and Harry pointed out that the song, ‘I’m Just Wild About Harry’, had been performed by Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney as a blackface number in the 1939 film Babes In Arms.”
The author then quoted a source who said: “They [Harry and Meghan] tried to get it changed online, because [they thought] it had been racially motivated.
“[Meghan] was so angry with Keleigh, she wanted to fire her.”
Meanwhile, The Sun reported Meghan is potentially in the running for an honorary 2022 GQ Men of the Year award and she is “expected” to return to the UK to attend the London ceremony on November 16.
A source told the outlet: “Meghan has been offered one of the top awards of the evening so it’s a massive coup for her.”
“She already has a close relationship with GQ due to her friendship with Vogue’s editor-in-chief Edward Enninful, which is also owned by Condé Nast.
“Edward is very much seen as a friend rather than a business acquaintance.”
According to reports from Page Six, the Duchess shelved plans to appear on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and a scheduled visit to the UN General Assembly with Prince Harry following the Queen’s death.
Her appearance on NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, planned for Tuesday, September 20, would have come just weeks after her bombshell interview with The Cut, in which she said she was happy to have quit Britain.
Meghan’s decision came shortly after the tearful king said during his live TV appearance on Friday that he wished to “express his love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives overseas”.
Express.co.uk has contacted Sunshine Sachs and Archewell for comment
Source: EXPRESS CO UK