Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton and the Queen’s relationships revealed by expert
MEGHAN MARKLE, 36, married into the Royal Family in May. Now an expert has weighed in on her relationships with the Queen, 92, and Kate Middleton, also 36.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, 33, married at St George’s chapel a few months ago.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
Since, the former-actress has been embracing her new role as Duchess of Sussex.
As such she has been seen on a number of official outings with members of the Royal Family.
This includes outings with the Queen and with Kate Middleton.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
Now an expert has revealed just how important these friendships are to the Duchess.
Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton and the Queen are ‘closest friends’ expert reveals
Robert Lacey, historical consultant for The Crown, told People: “What’s characterised these months are the two great relationships that she has struck up with the Queen and with Catherine.
“They seem to be her closest friends and partners in the official set-up.”
This will surely be a relief to Meghan who has left her home country behind to marry Harry.
Robert claims there was one major clue to the strength of Meghan’s friendship with the Queen that many of us may have missed.
He said: “Harry gave the clue to it when in the [engagement] interview he talked about how well the corgis had taken to her instantly.
“That seems to be a metaphor for the Queen and everybody else has taken their cue from that.”
Meghan Markle and her dad Thomas have prompted a number of top-end meetings within the palace.
A source told the Mirror: “It’s an increasingly desperate situation and now it’s come down to three options being on the table.
“Firstly, Meghan could contact her father straight away and appeal to him directly to ask him to stop hurting her, but right now she’s decided to cut him off.
“There is a possibility an intermediary could meet with him and appeal to him to stop making such hurtful statements.
“The final option would be for Meghan to cut him off completely in the hope he will stop, but the situation is so precarious no one knows when that would be.”
However, Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle’s friendship is helping the new duchess through her family problems, according to reports.
Thomas Markle was asked to walk Meghan down the aisle before being embroiled in a scandal involving a series of staged photographs.
In his latest interview with the Mail on Sunday the 74-year-old claimed he has been cut off from his daughter and said: “I used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the Royal Family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”
He added that Meghan “would be better off if he died”.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK