Meghan Markle Dresses Baby Bump In Safiyaa Sequins For Royal Date Night With Prince Harry
The Duchess of Sussex dazzled in a Safiyaa sequinned halter-neck top and skirt for her debut at the Royal Variety Performance.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
For her Royal Variety Performance debut on Monday night, Meghan Markle threw out the royal fashion rule book and donned her best sequins for the star-studded event.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Arriving at the London Palladium, the pregnant royal looked sparkly in a £895 sequin halter-neck top with a leaf pattern and a £850 maxi skirt by London-based designer Safiyaa, whose clothing she first wore during her royal tour of Fiji last month.
She teamed the look with a black and gold clutch bag, black high-heeled Aquazzura pumps, and Snowstorm earrings from Canadian jewellery brand Birks.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The royal previously wore the earrings to her first solo outing in September to see the Royal Academy of Art in London Piccadilly’s ‘Oceania’ exhibit.
As for her make-up and hair, Meghan tied up her locks into an up ‘do and opted for neutral make-up.
The Duchess of Sussex was greeted at the theatre by seven-year-old Darcie-Rae Moyse, who gave her a bunch of winter flowers, before she was introduced to Take That.
Harry and Meghan – who celebrated their six-month wedding anniversary together at the event – attended the annual televised performance to support the Royal Variety Charity, which benefits UK entertainers in need of help and assistance as a result of old age, medical issues or hard times.
The father-to-be complemented his wife’s look in a classic black tuxedo, three years after making his debut at the A-list event at the Royal Albert Hall.
During the evening, the royal couple enjoyed a performance from the cast of Hamilton, three months after they attended a charity gala performance of the West End musical with show creator Lin-Manuel Miranda.
The cast reportedly congratulated Meghan on her pregnancy, in response to which she smiled and thanked them.
Ahead of the evening’s entertainment, the couple stood up to sing ‘God Save the Queen’ before host Greg Davies made a joke about his grandma hoping to marry Harry before Meghan did.
‘”All of us single ladies were a bit disappointed when he (Harry) got taken,”‘ the 78-year-old reportedly told the comedian.
Davies then congratulated the couple on their pregnancy. ‘As I believe they say in Royal circles, one is thrilled that two will become three!’ he said.
Sourc: ELLE COM