She continued: “When they left for America, Harry and Meghan said to the Queen that they would not use the monarchy to make money.
“That has gone completely down the drain and they won’t be stopped.”
Prince Harry and Meghan never publicly stated they would not use their royal connection to make money.
But a statement shared by Buckingham Palace on January 18 following the so-called Sandringham Summit between the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry, mentioned the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s pledge to “uphold” Her Majesty’s values.
The statement read: “As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from Royal duties, including official military appointments.
“They will no longer receive public funds for Royal duties.
“With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations.
During the summit, the royals also agreed Prince Harry and Meghan would not be stripped of their titles but could no longer use their HRH styles after March 2020.
Moreover, it was revealed in February 2020, the Sussexes can no longer use the word ‘royal’ in their branding.
A statement published on the now-defunct SussexRoyal website read: “The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding the use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal’.”
By standing down as senior royals, Meghan and Harry also lost the protection paid for by UK taxpayers.
And they were asked by the Queen in February 2021 to return all their military and royal patronages.
In turn, they became financially independent, can live abroad and are free to pursue profitable deals without the need for their projects being approved by the Palace.
This appears to have been the case also with Prince Harry’s memoir.
Newsweek royal correspondent Jack Royston wrote on Twitter: “There will inevitably be questions about how much Prince Harry will tell the Royal Family and the Queen about the content of his memoir.
“For now, I’m told by a spokesperson that Prince Harry has told his family privately about the book, very recently.
“Spokesperson points out there would be no expectation of a need to get authorisation from the palace for a project like this.”
Prince Harry announced he is working on an “intimate” memoir on Monday – news which reportedly sparked a “tsunami of fear” in royal circles.
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK