Meghan Markle And Prince Harry’s Future Kids Will Most Likely Have This Last Name
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been married a mere two and a half months, but already people are speculating about their future children. (That’s what happens when you’re royalty and a ridiculously cute couple, I ‘spose.) To be fair, there’s just so much to consider: What will those little munchkins look like? Will they be redheads? What will their names be? Come to think of it, do royal people even have last names?
- Sarah Ferguson 'changes her tune' about Meghan Markle leaving royal watchers 'surprised'
- Queen puts on brave face in first public appearance since Harry's 'genetic pain' swipe
- Prince Charles 'wants Harry and Meghan back in Royal Family despite rift' - insider claims
- Kate and William reveal their favourite family activities with George, Charlotte and Louis
Most of those questions will remain unanswered for the foreseeable future, but we do have a clue as to that last name situation. Technically, every member of the British royal family has the last name Mountbatten-Windsor — say that three times fast! — but royal protocol allows for some individual choice and creativity when it comes to last names used in practice.
For example, Princes Harry and William went by “Harry Wales” and “William Wales” (respectively) as students because their father, Charles, is the Prince of Wales. (And perhaps because “Wales” flows a lot better than “Mountbatten-Windsor.”)
So, will Meghan’s future child will be named Baby Wales? Actually, no: They’ll likely go by yet another name.
- Prince Harry wants to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘pain and suffering’ of his childhood
- ‘Ridiculous!’ Meghan Markle’s book ‘deeply personal’ - plagiarism claim ‘beyond untrue’
- Prince Harry podcast: What did Harry say about Queen, Prince Charles and Royal Family?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's therapy claims at odds with each other
- Prince Charles ignored reporter’s question about Harry’s latest comments on parenting
- 'Unpleasant disloyal nonsense!' Harry's own biographer erupts at Duke's Royal Family swipe
- Prince Harry branded 'spoiled brat' as Piers Morgan erupts at Duke for 'trashing' Charles
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'divided' by new revelations – 'Could be driven apart'